(CADSM.NMT.Model - notOptimized) What does it mean?

(CADSM.NMT.Model - notOptimized) What does it mean?

askoh
Administrator
I filein a *.st file containing class and method definitions. The transcript reports
(CADSM.NMT.Model - notOptimized)
What does that message mean? Do I need to worry about it?

All the best,
Aik-Siong Koh

Re: (CADSM.NMT.Model - notOptimized) What does it mean?

Joachim Geidel
This happens when the code contains a message send with one of the "special"
selectors (and:, or: etc.) which take a block as parameter. When the
parameter is not a literal block, the compiler can't optimize the
expression. E.g.:

aMethod: aBlockArgument
    ^someBoolean and: aBlockArgument

Most of the time, the warning can be ignored.

HTH,
Joachim Geidel