CALL for GSoC project proposals

Uko2
Dear all, this year we plan to apply again as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code. However, we are going to follow a different strategy regarding project proposals. Instead of having a swarm of small ideas we want to end up with around ten well-described projects.

This is why I cleaned the topics file, and I ask all interested people to propose the best one of your topics here:

There is a copy of the old file in case you want to remind what you proposed last year:

As we are going for well-described projects with links to related resources, pictures, prototype videos, etc. you can also add a standalone file with a project description in some rich format to this dir:

Again, we want around ten diverse and well-described projects with a precise definition of the domain and the problem, possible solutions, and expected benefits. So it also will be nice to have diverse projects, so if you are collaborating with someone, please try to propose a joined project that will have backup members (also crucial for the application) and do not create multiple similar but less powerful projects.

We heavily rely on the input of the community.
Let’s make Pharo great again ;P
Uko on behalf of the Pharo GSoC application team.

Re: CALL for GSoC project proposals

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi yuriy

you could have done it a bit less brutal.

Stef