[CAnalyzer] not able to browse a CAUniteElement in the mooseFinder

[CAnalyzer] not able to browse a CAUniteElement in the mooseFinder

cdelaunay
Hello,

When importing C code with CAnalyzer, if you open a mooseFinder on the generated model, select allCAUnitElements and then select anyOne of this CAUnitsElements, it will raise an Error:
"My subclass should have overriden 'classes'".
CAunitElement is a subclass of FAMIXScopingEntity. FAMIXScopingEntity declare the abstract method 'classes' (which make no sense for a CAUnitElement ). Then, it seems that the mooseFinder require this method to browse a CAUnitElement.

Re: [CAnalyzer] not able to browse a CAUniteElement in the mooseFinder

Tudor Girba
Hi,

MooseFinder requires only Fame properties defined for the entity. Now,
it can be that classes is called from some method of CAUnitElements.
Who is sending the message?

Cheers,
Doru

On 5 May 2010, at 11:57, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When importing C code with CAnalyzer, if you open a mooseFinder on
> the generated model, select allCAUnitElements and then select anyOne
> of this CAUnitsElements, it will raise an Error:
> "My subclass should have overriden 'classes'".
> CAunitElement is a subclass of FAMIXScopingEntity.
> FAMIXScopingEntity declare the abstract method 'classes' (which make
> no sense for a CAUnitElement ). Then, it seems that the mooseFinder
> require this method to browse a CAUnitElement.

www.tudorgirba.com

"Obvious things are difficult to teach."

Re: [CAnalyzer] not able to browse a CAUniteElement in the mooseFinder

cdelaunay
One of those properties required by the mooseFinder is #allRecursiveClassesGroup. Then, in MooseEntity >> propertiesToDisplay, you perform each of those properties:

  propertiesToDisplay: selectors

| res |
res := OrderedCollection new.
selectors do:[:aSel |
|aProp|
aProp := aSel -> (self perform: aSel). ....

The problem is that #allRecursiveClassesGroup is calling classes, which has not been implemented by CAUnitElement.

2010/5/5 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
[...]

Aha. The #allRecursiveClassesGroup makes sense in ScopingEntity. This
means that CAUnitElement should either not inherit from it, or
override classes to be #().

Doru

On 5 May 2010, at 13:26, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

> One of those properties required by the mooseFinder is
> #allRecursiveClassesGroup. Then, in MooseEntity >>
> propertiesToDisplay, you perform each of those properties:
>
>   propertiesToDisplay: selectors
>
> | res |
> res := OrderedCollection new.
> selectors do:[:aSel |
> |aProp|
> aProp := aSel -> (self perform: aSel). ....
>
> The problem is that #allRecursiveClassesGroup is calling classes,
> which has not been implemented by CAUnitElement.
>
> 2010/5/5 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> Hi,
>
> MooseFinder requires only Fame properties defined for the entity.
> Now, it can be that classes is called from some method of
> CAUnitElements. Who is sending the message?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 5 May 2010, at 11:57, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> When importing C code with CAnalyzer, if you open a mooseFinder on
> the generated model, select allCAUnitElements and then select anyOne
> of this CAUnitsElements, it will raise an Error:
> "My subclass should have overriden 'classes'".
> CAunitElement is a subclass of FAMIXScopingEntity.
> FAMIXScopingEntity declare the abstract method 'classes' (which make
> no sense for a CAUnitElement ). Then, it seems that the mooseFinder
> require this method to browse a CAUnitElement.

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Obvious things are difficult to teach."

www.tudorgirba.com

"We are all great at making mistakes."

Re: [CAnalyzer] not able to browse a CAUniteElement in the mooseFinder

Simon Denier-3

On 5 mai 2010, at 13:31, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Aha. The #allRecursiveClassesGroup makes sense in ScopingEntity. This means that CAUnitElement should either not inherit from it, or override classes to be #().

That's one of those famous impedance mismatch between Famix metamodels which we would like to solve with traits. Meanwhile, the solution to comply with the #classes method and return #() is good enouch.

> Doru
>

> On 5 May 2010, at 13:26, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:
>
>> One of those properties required by the mooseFinder is #allRecursiveClassesGroup. Then, in MooseEntity >> propertiesToDisplay, you perform each of those properties:
>>
>>  propertiesToDisplay: selectors
>>
>> | res |
>> res := OrderedCollection new.
>> selectors do:[:aSel |
>> |aProp|
>> aProp := aSel -> (self perform: aSel). ....
>>
>> The problem is that #allRecursiveClassesGroup is calling classes, which has not been implemented by CAUnitElement.
>>
>> 2010/5/5 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
>> Hi,
>>
>> MooseFinder requires only Fame properties defined for the entity. Now, it can be that classes is called from some method of CAUnitElements. Who is sending the message?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 5 May 2010, at 11:57, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> When importing C code with CAnalyzer, if you open a mooseFinder on the generated model, select allCAUnitElements and then select anyOne of this CAUnitsElements, it will raise an Error:
>> "My subclass should have overriden 'classes'".
>> CAunitElement is a subclass of FAMIXScopingEntity. FAMIXScopingEntity declare the abstract method 'classes' (which make no sense for a CAUnitElement ). Then, it seems that the mooseFinder require this method to browse a CAUnitElement.

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Obvious things are difficult to teach."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "We are all great at making mistakes."

 Simon

Re: [CAnalyzer] not able to browse a CAUniteElement in the mooseFinder

cdelaunay
Ok, thank you