CHB Sugg.: Choose Package on New Class creation...

CHB Sugg.: Choose Package on New Class creation...

Christopher J. Demers
I think it would be a neat feature if the default package were displayed in
a combo box in the new class name prompt.  One could then select a different
package for the new class.  I believe that IBM VAST has something like this.
I find myself sometimes going back and forth creating classes in different
packages.  It is easy to get confused and create a class in the wrong
package.  This would provide a confirmation of the destination package and a
way to choose another.

Just an idea...

Chris

Re: CHB Sugg.: Choose Package on New Class creation...

Bill Schwab
Chris,

> I think it would be a neat feature if the default package were displayed
in
> a combo box in the new class name prompt.  One could then select a
different
> package for the new class.

Sounds great.

> I find myself sometimes going back and forth creating classes in different
> packages.  It is easy to get confused and create a class in the wrong
> package.  This would provide a confirmation of the destination package and
> way to choose another.

You probably already know about these, but:

If you create several classes in one session, you can right click in the
classes pane of the package manager, with the destination package selected
(try saying that three times fast<g>) - choose Add... and you get (IIRC) a
multiple selection prompter.  For a single class, right click on the class
in the CHB and you can set its package from there.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: CHB Sugg.: Choose Package on New Class creation...

Blair McGlashan
Christopher

You wrote in message news:9c2fpa$bl9ks$[hidden email]...
> I think it would be a neat feature if the default package were displayed
in
> a combo box in the new class name prompt.  One could then select a
different
> package for the new class.  I believe that IBM VAST has something like
this.
> I find myself sometimes going back and forth creating classes in different
> packages.  It is easy to get confused and create a class in the wrong
> package.  This would provide a confirmation of the destination package and
> way to choose another.
>
> Just an idea...

And an excellent one, thanks. We'll certainly do that in the next release,
although I'm not sure if we'll use a drop-down since with a long list of
packages that becomes a bit unwieldy.

Regards

Blair