CLFramework/UIBuilder

Torsten Bergmann
What's the state of the UI builder for Pharo?

http://www.squeaksource.com/CLFramework.html
seems to be gone.

Thx
T.

Re: CLFramework/UIBuilder

gerard alis
I´m continue working on that,but does not have sense  publish versions if the development is not ended. The people try use something than don´t works good. I have the experience of try use a package of SqueakSource and don´t works or works bad. I don´t want that sensation in the people. When the development be totally ended and exists a first version I update the CLFramework project, and will create a fews screencast.

Regards.

Re: CLFramework/UIBuilder

Stéphane Ducasse

On Apr 14, 2010, at 1:36 PM, nullPointer wrote:

> I´m continue working on that,but does not have sense  publish versions if the
> development is not ended.

I think that this is a mistake but this is your choice. Incremental progress is the only way.
You can ask feedback from people and just say this is in alpha state can you try it.

> The people try use something than don´t works
> good. I have the experience of try use a package of SqueakSource and don´t
> works or works bad. I don´t want that sensation in the people. When the
> development be totally ended and exists a first version I update the
> CLFramework project, and will create a fews screencast.
>
> Regards.

Re: CLFramework/UIBuilder

laurent laffont

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Apr 14, 2010, at 1:36 PM, nullPointer wrote:

> I´m continue working on that,but does not have sense  publish versions if the
> development is not ended.

I think that this is a mistake but this is your choice. Incremental progress is the only way.
You can ask feedback from people and just say this is in alpha state can you try it.

+ 1. It's easier to understand, provide feedback, contribute, share experience on small things, where code available, progress visible.

UI builder is cool. Pharo really needs it.

From time to time I load it, look at what has been done. I've used it to understand how GUI works and it has helped me.

Cheers,

Laurent Laffont