[COM] Invoking asynchronous methods

1 message Options

[COM] Invoking asynchronous methods

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
It looks like COM does not deal too well with invoking asynchronous methods
that go off to do their own thing and callback via an event. Is this a
correct judgment on my part and if yes, is there anything that could be done
to address the problem?

Right now as soon as I try to call one of these, the whole OS becomes
slightly unresponsive until I kill the VM, which doesn't happen if I call
synchronous methods on the same component. I even went as far as dropping
this onto a VB canvas (gasp!) to make sure its not the component that's the
culprit, and indeed everything was okay in that context, which is why I'm
leaning towards finger-pointing at VisualWorks in this case ;)

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322