COM newbie question

12

Re: COM newbie question

Udo Schneider
"drtau" <[hidden email]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:[hidden email]...
> The default implementation of SessionManager>>keepAlive will not
> exit if there are active COM servers, so I would suspect that your
> server will not exit until the last COM client has released its
> interface - it that what you see (and want)?

That's exactly what I want. But I think that VBA isn't releasing the COM
Object
after using it. A program termination seems to be not enough for VBA to
release
the COM Object. And something like 'myComServer = Nothing' causes an
VBA Error. Maybe this has something to do with the way I'm
declaring/creating
the COM Object.

Right now I'm using something like:
Dim myComServer as Object
Set myComServer = CreateObject("MyComServer.anObject")
[... code here ...]

And if I'm trying to relaese the server now using 'myComServer = Nothing'
I'll
get the error message as described above.

Udo

Re: COM newbie question

Blair McGlashan
Udo

You wrote in message news:a17qrp$oe1lb$[hidden email]...

>...something like 'myComServer = Nothing' causes an
> VBA Error. Maybe this has something to do with the way I'm
> declaring/creating
> the COM Object.
>
> Right now I'm using something like:
> Dim myComServer as Object
> Set myComServer = CreateObject("MyComServer.anObject")
> [... code here ...]
>
> And if I'm trying to relaese the server now using 'myComServer = Nothing'
> I'll
> get the error message as described above.

But what error are you actually getting.

Regards

Blair

12