COM on Mac?

Ken G. Brown
I haven't researched this much yet, but should an application written in VW 7.9.1 with COM on a Windows 7 platform, be able to run on Mac 10.8.4? Limitations?
The application is using COM to interface with MS Word.

Any pointers to good places to look for appropriate info or examples would be appreciated.

Anyone doing this sort of thing successfully?

Thx for any insight,
Ken G. Brown

Re: COM on Mac?

jarober
Well, the COM interface won't work at all.  You could probably replace much of that by checking the platform at startup, and using Apple Events to talk to Word on Mac

On Sep 4, 2013, at 11:19 AM, Ken G. Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I haven't researched this much yet, but should an application written in VW 7.9.1 with COM on a Windows 7 platform, be able to run on Mac 10.8.4? Limitations?
> The application is using COM to interface with MS Word.
>
> Any pointers to good places to look for appropriate info or examples would be appreciated.
>
> Anyone doing this sort of thing successfully?
>
> Thx for any insight,
> Ken G. Brown

James Robertson
http://www.jarober.com

Re: COM on Mac?

Maarten Mostert

Well the following are among my most favorite web pages at the moment ...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/office/gg469857(v=office.14).aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/openspecifications/en/us/programs/osp/default.aspx#ooxml

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb968652(v=office.12).aspx

@+Maarten,