[COTDC] 13 - NullEncoder

laurent laffont
Today:  NullEncoder

Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment
Rules:
#1: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
#2: If you cannot comment it, deprecate it.
Laurent

Re: [COTDC] 13 - NullEncoder

Igor Stasenko
On 16 February 2011 17:46, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Today:  NullEncoder

I am a Canvas superclass with completely misleading name and purpose.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [COTDC] 13 - NullEncoder

Igor Stasenko
On 16 February 2011 18:02, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 16 February 2011 17:46, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Today:  NullEncoder
>>

> I am a Canvas superclass with completely misleading name and purpose.

... which gives an impression that drawing using canvas is a way of
'encoding' objects on display surface.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [COTDC] 13 - NullEncoder

laurent laffont
On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 16 February 2011 17:46, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Today:  NullEncoder

I am a Canvas superclass with completely misleading name and purpose.

yep. And not referenced. Should be merged with Canvas ?

Laurent.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [COTDC] 13 - NullEncoder

Igor Stasenko
On 16 February 2011 18:21, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 16 February 2011 17:46, laurent laffont <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Today:  NullEncoder
>> >

>> I am a Canvas superclass with completely misleading name and purpose.
>

> yep. And not referenced. Should be merged with Canvas ?

You kidding?

If not, then give me an answer, what canvas should do for these messages:

canvas contents
canvas writeDictionary: dict
canvas cr
canvas process: someObject
?

:)

And what is the canvas'es target ivar? what it suppose to represent?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [COTDC] 13 - NullEncoder

Stéphane Ducasse
Igor encoder was used for postcript encoding too.
So this is not totally bad.

Stef

>>> I am a Canvas superclass with completely misleading name and purpose.
>>

>> yep. And not referenced. Should be merged with Canvas ?
>
> You kidding?
>
> If not, then give me an answer, what canvas should do for these messages:
>
> canvas contents
> canvas writeDictionary: dict
> canvas cr
> canvas process: someObject
> ?
>
> :)
>

> And what is the canvas'es target ivar? what it suppose to represent?
>
>> Laurent.
>>

>>> --
>>> Best regards,
>>> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.
>>>

> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [COTDC] 13 - NullEncoder

Igor Stasenko
On 16 February 2011 21:03, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Igor encoder was used for postcript encoding too.
> So this is not totally bad.

But if it needed only by postscript canvas, what it doing in base class?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [COTDC] 13 - NullEncoder

Stéphane Ducasse

On Feb 16, 2011, at 11:27 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 16 February 2011 21:03, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Igor encoder was used for postcript encoding too.
>> So this is not totally bad.
>>

> But if it needed only by postscript canvas, what it doing in base class?

indeed I missed that :)

Stef