[COTDC] 27 - DropEvent

laurent laffont
Today:  DropEvent

Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment
Rules:
#1: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
#2: If you cannot comment it, deprecate it.
Laurent

Re: [COTDC] 27 - DropEvent

laurent laffont
Anyone ?

Laurent

#1: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
#2: If you cannot comment it, deprecate it.
Laurent

Re: [COTDC] 27 - DropEvent

laurent laffont
Please ....

Laurent

#1: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
#2: If you cannot comment it, deprecate it.
Laurent

Re: [COTDC] 27 - DropEvent

Fernando olivero-2
I model the event produced when a hand drops a (grabbed) morph into
another morph.
I know the position of the drop, the dropped morph and the hand that
produced me.
See HandMorph>>dropMorph:event: for an example of usage.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 8:07 AM, laurent laffont
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please ....
> Laurent
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 7:27 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Anyone ?
>> Laurent
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 6:38 PM, laurent laffont
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Today:  DropEvent
>>>
>>> Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment
>>> Rules:
>>> #1: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment
>>> will be integrated with name of the author(s).
>>> #2: If you cannot comment it, deprecate it.
>>> Results: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/CommentOfTheDayContest
>>> Laurent

Re: [COTDC] 27 - DropEvent

laurent laffont
Thanks a lot Fernando.

Laurent.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please ....
> Laurent
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 7:27 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Anyone ?
>> Laurent
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 6:38 PM, laurent laffont
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Today:  DropEvent
>>>
>>> Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment
>>> Rules:
>>> #1: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment
>>> will be integrated with name of the author(s).
>>> #2: If you cannot comment it, deprecate it.
>>> Results: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/CommentOfTheDayContest
>>> Laurent

Re: [COTDC] 27 - DropEvent

Ricardo Moran
I would add the following:

==========================

To handle this event a morph should override one of these methods:

#acceptDroppingMorph:event:
#justDroppedInto:event:

Additionaly, a morph can specify if it wants to accept a dropped morph by overriding #wantsDroppedMorph:event:. Symmetrically, the morph being dropped can specify if it wants to be dropped in another morph by overriding #wantsToBeDroppedInto:.
Note that for a successful drop operation both parties need to agree.

#1: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
#2: If you cannot comment it, deprecate it.
Laurent

Re: [COTDC] 27 - DropEvent

laurent laffont
Added. Thanks Ricardo.

Laurent.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 7:50 PM, Ricardo Moran <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would add the following:

#1: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
#2: If you cannot comment it, deprecate it.
Laurent