[COTDC] 4 - RecategorizedEvent

laurent laffont
Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment
Rules: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).

Today: RecategorizedEvent

Laurent

Re: [COTDC] 4 - RecategorizedEvent

Stéphane Ducasse
I'm an event raised by the system (SystemChangeNotifier) when a class or a method changed its category. The way to create my instances is the following:

(RecategorizedEvent
        method: (aClass compiledMethodAt: selector ifAbsent: [nil])
        selector: selector
        protocol: newCategory
        class: aClass
        oldProtocol: oldCategory)

(RecategorizedEvent
        class: aClass
        category: newCategory
        oldCategory: oldCategory)

Now I will soon fade away and be replaced by announcements.

On Feb 7, 2011, at 6:25 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment
> Rules: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
>

> Today: RecategorizedEvent
>

> Laurent

Re: [COTDC] 4 - RecategorizedEvent

EstebanLM
Also, AbstractEvent is not commented:

I'm a generic event raised by the system (SystemChangeNotifier) when anything (both classes or methods) changes in the system.
Each one of my children represents a specific kind of event the system can notify.

Now I will soon fade away and be replaced by announcements.

(not a lot imaginative, but works :))

El 07/02/2011, a las 3:25p.m., Stéphane Ducasse escribió:

> I'm an event raised by the system (SystemChangeNotifier) when a class or a method changed its category. The way to create my instances is the following:
>

> (RecategorizedEvent
> method: (aClass compiledMethodAt: selector ifAbsent: [nil])
> selector: selector
> protocol: newCategory
> class: aClass
> oldProtocol: oldCategory)
>

> (RecategorizedEvent
> class: aClass
> category: newCategory
> oldCategory: oldCategory)
>
> Now I will soon fade away and be replaced by announcements.
>

> On Feb 7, 2011, at 6:25 PM, laurent laffont wrote:
>
>> Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment
>> Rules: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
>>

>> Today: RecategorizedEvent
>>

>> Laurent

Re: [COTDC] 4 - RecategorizedEvent

Igor Stasenko
On 7 February 2011 19:35, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Also, AbstractEvent is not commented:
>
> I'm a generic event raised by the system (SystemChangeNotifier) when anything (both classes or methods) changes in the system.
> Each one of my children represents a specific kind of event the system can notify.
>
> Now I will soon fade away and be replaced by announcements.

 fade away => vanish..

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

On Feb 7, 2011, at 7:35 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Also, AbstractEvent is not commented:
>
> I'm a generic event raised by the system (SystemChangeNotifier) when anything (both classes or methods) changes in the system.
> Each one of my children represents a specific kind of event the system can notify.
>
> Now I will soon fade away and be replaced by announcements.
>
> (not a lot imaginative, but works :))

This is the point!

> El 07/02/2011, a las 3:25p.m., Stéphane Ducasse escribió:
>
>> I'm an event raised by the system (SystemChangeNotifier) when a class or a method changed its category. The way to create my instances is the following:
>>

>> (RecategorizedEvent
>> method: (aClass compiledMethodAt: selector ifAbsent: [nil])
>> selector: selector
>> protocol: newCategory
>> class: aClass
>> oldProtocol: oldCategory)
>>

>> (RecategorizedEvent
>> class: aClass
>> category: newCategory
>> oldCategory: oldCategory)
>>
>> Now I will soon fade away and be replaced by announcements.
>>

>> On Feb 7, 2011, at 6:25 PM, laurent laffont wrote:
>>
>>> Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment
>>> Rules: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
>>>

>>> Today: RecategorizedEvent
>>>

>>> Laurent

Re: [COTDC] 4 - RecategorizedEvent

cedreek

> Also, AbstractEvent is not commented:

and all subclasses... may be not needed to comment them all (except examples maybe - but if they vanish... :) )... all are in system-change-notification category

PastedGraphic-1.png (18K) Download Attachment

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Also, AbstractEvent is not commented:

and all subclasses... may be not needed to comment them all (except examples maybe - but if they vanish... :) )... all are in system-change-notification category

"see AbstractEvent" is a valid comment.

Laurent.

> I'm a generic event raised by the system (SystemChangeNotifier) when anything (both classes or methods) changes in the system.
> Each one of my children represents a specific kind of event the system can notify.
>
> Now I will soon fade away and be replaced by announcements.
>
> (not a lot imaginative, but works :))
>
> El 07/02/2011, a las 3:25p.m., Stéphane Ducasse escribió:
>
>> I'm an event raised by the system (SystemChangeNotifier) when a class or a method changed its category. The way to create my instances is the following:
>>

>> (RecategorizedEvent
>>      method: (aClass compiledMethodAt: selector ifAbsent: [nil])
>>      selector: selector
>>      protocol: newCategory
>>      class: aClass
>>      oldProtocol: oldCategory)
>>

>> (RecategorizedEvent
>>      class: aClass
>>      category: newCategory
>>      oldCategory: oldCategory)
>>
>> Now I will soon fade away and be replaced by announcements.
>>

>> On Feb 7, 2011, at 6:25 PM, laurent laffont wrote:
>>
>>> Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment
>>> Rules: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
>>>

>>> Today: RecategorizedEvent
>>>

>>> Laurent

Re: [COTDC] 4 - RecategorizedEvent

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
I'm the event sent by the system when a method or a class is recategorized.

To retrieve information, you can access to:
        item: the CompiledMethod or the class recategorized
        itemKind: #method for a method, #class for a class
        environment: aDictionary with new information
                for a method:
                        - #class: the class of the method (it hasn't changed)
                        - #protocol: the new category of the method
                        - #selector: the selector of the method (it hasn't changed)
                for a class:
                        - #category: the new category
        oldCategory: the category where the item was formerly categorized

Ben

On Feb 7, 2011, at 7:35 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Also, AbstractEvent is not commented:
>
> I'm a generic event raised by the system (SystemChangeNotifier) when anything (both classes or methods) changes in the system.
> Each one of my children represents a specific kind of event the system can notify.
>
> Now I will soon fade away and be replaced by announcements.
>
> (not a lot imaginative, but works :))
>
> El 07/02/2011, a las 3:25p.m., Stéphane Ducasse escribió:
>
>> I'm an event raised by the system (SystemChangeNotifier) when a class or a method changed its category. The way to create my instances is the following:
>>

>> (RecategorizedEvent
>> method: (aClass compiledMethodAt: selector ifAbsent: [nil])
>> selector: selector
>> protocol: newCategory
>> class: aClass
>> oldProtocol: oldCategory)
>>

>> (RecategorizedEvent
>> class: aClass
>> category: newCategory
>> oldCategory: oldCategory)
>>
>> Now I will soon fade away and be replaced by announcements.
>>

>> On Feb 7, 2011, at 6:25 PM, laurent laffont wrote:
>>
>>> Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment
>>> Rules: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
>>>

>>> Today: RecategorizedEvent
>>>

>>> Laurent

Re: [COTDC] 4 - RecategorizedEvent

Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza
Ben,

imho we shouldn't provide detail about its messages just illustrate
what it is for and maybe and example of common use.

Cheers,
Francisco

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Benjamin
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm the event sent by the system when a method or a class is recategorized.
>
> To retrieve information, you can access to:
>        item: the CompiledMethod or the class recategorized
>        itemKind: #method for a method, #class for a class
>        environment: aDictionary with new information
>                for a method:
>                        - #class: the class of the method (it hasn't changed)
>                        - #protocol: the new category of the method
>                        - #selector: the selector of the method (it hasn't changed)
>                for a class:
>                        - #category: the new category
>        oldCategory: the category where the item was formerly categorized
>

> Ben
>
> On Feb 7, 2011, at 7:35 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>
>> Also, AbstractEvent is not commented:
>>
>> I'm a generic event raised by the system (SystemChangeNotifier) when anything (both classes or methods) changes in the system.
>> Each one of my children represents a specific kind of event the system can notify.
>>
>> Now I will soon fade away and be replaced by announcements.
>>
>> (not a lot imaginative, but works :))
>>
>> El 07/02/2011, a las 3:25p.m., Stéphane Ducasse escribió:
>>
>>> I'm an event raised by the system (SystemChangeNotifier) when a class or a method changed its category. The way to create my instances is the following:
>>>

>>> (RecategorizedEvent
>>>      method: (aClass compiledMethodAt: selector ifAbsent: [nil])
>>>      selector: selector
>>>      protocol: newCategory
>>>      class: aClass
>>>      oldProtocol: oldCategory)
>>>

>>> (RecategorizedEvent
>>>      class: aClass
>>>      category: newCategory
>>>      oldCategory: oldCategory)
>>>
>>> Now I will soon fade away and be replaced by announcements.

Re: [COTDC] 4 - RecategorizedEvent

tx benjamin :)