[COTDC] 68#2 MultiTextComposer

laurent laffont
Today: MultiTextComposer

Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment
Rules:
#1: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
#2: If you cannot comment it, deprecate it.
Laurent

Re: [COTDC] 68#2 MultiTextComposer

laurent laffont
Alain, you know this too :) ?

Laurent

#1: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
#2: If you cannot comment it, deprecate it.
Laurent

Re: [COTDC] 68#2 MultiTextComposer

Marcus Denker-4

On May 26, 2011, at 10:34 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> Alain, you know this too :) ?
>
> Laurent
>
> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 10:51 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Today: MultiTextComposer

One of the problems of the text rendering stuff is that the internationalization was just hacked
on top but never integrated.

e.g. there is

        NewParagraph / MultiNewParagraph
        TextComposer / MultiTextComposer

and two CharacterScanner hierarchies (MultiCharacterScanner , CharacterScanner)
that seem to be copies yet randomly are used both...

Just cleaning up would help a lot. And I would not be astonished if it would get even
faster just by cleaning up. (e.g. I removed an isKindOf: MultiNewParagraph from the main
text display routine yesterday...)

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [Pharo-project] [COTDC] 68#2 MultiTextComposer

Stéphane Ducasse
+1