[COTDC] 88 - TextConstants

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Continuing in Collections...

Today:  TextConstants

Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment
Rules:
#1: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
#2: If you cannot comment it, deprecate it.
Results: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/CommentOfTheDayContest
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [COTDC] 88 - TextConstants

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
Hahaha I knew that one day or another one of my class will end up here :)

So:

TextConstants is a shared pool which gather constants used by class which handle text manipulations.
It also contained a dictionary to share some constants trough the system ( it was part of the use of TextConstants when it was a Dictionary )

On Dec 2, 2011, at 3:58 PM, DeNigris Sean wrote:

> Continuing in Collections...
>
> Today:  TextConstants
>

> Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment
> Rules:
> #1: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
> #2: If you cannot comment it, deprecate it.
> Results: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/CommentOfTheDayContest

Re: [COTDC] 88 - TextConstants

Stéphane Ducasse

On Dec 2, 2011, at 4:10 PM, Benjamin wrote:

> Hahaha I knew that one day or another one of my class will end up here :)
>
> So:
>
> TextConstants is a shared pool which gather constants used by class which handle text manipulations.
> It also contained a dictionary to share some constants trough the system ( it was part of the use of TextConstants when it was a Dictionary )
I would add:
        " Pay attention that the dictionary parts should be removed and moved to appropriate classes. TextConstants should hold constants. "

> On Dec 2, 2011, at 3:58 PM, DeNigris Sean wrote:
>
>> Continuing in Collections...
>>
>> Today:  TextConstants
>>

>> Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment
>> Rules:
>> #1: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
>> #2: If you cannot comment it, deprecate it.
>> Results: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/CommentOfTheDayContest

Re: [COTDC] 88 - TextConstants

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator