[COTDC] MCFileRepositoryInspector

laurent laffont
** 1st Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment **
Rules: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).

The first round is for:     MCFileRepositoryInspector

GO GO !!

Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs

Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: [COTDC] MCFileRepositoryInspector

laurent laffont
On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 7:57 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
** 1st Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment **
Rules: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).

The first round is for:     MCFileRepositoryInspector

GO GO !!

I build a GUI to browse all packages of a file based repository. For example, you can browse packages of PharoInbox with:

(MCFileRepositoryInspector
repository: (MCHttpRepository
user: ''
password: '')
workingCopy: nil) show.

Laurent

Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs

Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: [COTDC] MCFileRepositoryInspector

Ok after some investigations....

I'm a monticello tool composed of three panes to browse repositories and the packages they contain. You get an instance
of me when you click on a repository and press open. My left pane presents the packages, my right one their versions and the
bottom one the commit log of the selected package versions.

Stef

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok after some investigations....

I'm a monticello tool composed of three panes to browse repositories and the packages they contain. You get an instance
of me when you click on a repository and press open. My left pane presents the packages, my right one their versions and the
bottom one the commit log of the selected package versions.

Indeed I don't understand why MCFileRepositoryInspector is a subclass of MCVersionInspector.  MCVersionInspector is a tool to work on one version of a package, while MCFileRepositoryInspector is a browser of all packages and repositories.

Seems to me that MCFileRepositoryInspector should be a subclass of MCTool directly.

Laurent

Stef

On Feb 4, 2011, at 7:57 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> ** 1st Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment **
> Rules: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
>
> The first round is for:     MCFileRepositoryInspector
>
> GO GO !!
>
> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
>
> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: [COTDC] MCFileRepositoryInspector

Guillermo Polito
Let's give it a try:

I am a Monticello Tool used to inspect the packages and their versions and version summary, for a given repository.
I underline the packages you already loaded, and highlight the ones you don't have updated to the last version.
I also highlight the versions you did not load yet.

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 6:41 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok after some investigations....

I'm a monticello tool composed of three panes to browse repositories and the packages they contain. You get an instance
of me when you click on a repository and press open. My left pane presents the packages, my right one their versions and the
bottom one the commit log of the selected package versions.

Indeed I don't understand why MCFileRepositoryInspector is a subclass of MCVersionInspector.  MCVersionInspector is a tool to work on one version of a package, while MCFileRepositoryInspector is a browser of all packages and repositories.

Seems to me that MCFileRepositoryInspector should be a subclass of MCTool directly.

Laurent

Stef

On Feb 4, 2011, at 7:57 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> ** 1st Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment **
> Rules: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
>
> The first round is for:     MCFileRepositoryInspector
>
> GO GO !!
>
> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
>
> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: [COTDC] MCFileRepositoryInspector

magic power of reuse :)
Indeed puzzling but just reusing super behavior: good exercise for refactoring.

> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ok after some investigations....
>
> I'm a monticello tool composed of three panes to browse repositories and the packages they contain. You get an instance
> of me when you click on a repository and press open. My left pane presents the packages, my right one their versions and the
> bottom one the commit log of the selected package versions.
>

> Indeed I don't understand why MCFileRepositoryInspector is a subclass of MCVersionInspector.  MCVersionInspector is a tool to work on one version of a package, while MCFileRepositoryInspector is a browser of all packages and repositories.
>
> Seems to me that MCFileRepositoryInspector should be a subclass of MCTool directly.
>
> Laurent
>

> Stef
>

> On Feb 4, 2011, at 7:57 PM, laurent laffont wrote:
>
> > ** 1st Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment **
> > Rules: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
> >
> > The first round is for:     MCFileRepositoryInspector
> >
> > GO GO !!
> >
> > Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
> >
> > Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> > Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: [COTDC] MCFileRepositoryInspector

laurent laffont
So I propose a mix of the three propositons:

I'm a monticello tool composed of three panes to browse repositories and the packages they contain. You get an instance of me when you click on a repository in Monticello browser and press open.

My left pane presents the packages, my right one their versions and the bottom one the commit log of the selected package versions.

I underline the packages you already loaded, and highlight the ones you don't have updated to the last version. I also highlight the versions you did not load yet.

Example: I can browse packages of PharoInbox with:

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 1:36 AM, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
Let's give it a try:

I am a Monticello Tool used to inspect the packages and their versions and version summary, for a given repository.
I underline the packages you already loaded, and highlight the ones you don't have updated to the last version.
I also highlight the versions you did not load yet.

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 6:41 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok after some investigations....

I'm a monticello tool composed of three panes to browse repositories and the packages they contain. You get an instance
of me when you click on a repository and press open. My left pane presents the packages, my right one their versions and the
bottom one the commit log of the selected package versions.

Indeed I don't understand why MCFileRepositoryInspector is a subclass of MCVersionInspector.  MCVersionInspector is a tool to work on one version of a package, while MCFileRepositoryInspector is a browser of all packages and repositories.

Seems to me that MCFileRepositoryInspector should be a subclass of MCTool directly.

Laurent

Stef

On Feb 4, 2011, at 7:57 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> ** 1st Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment **
> Rules: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
>
> The first round is for:     MCFileRepositoryInspector
>
> GO GO !!
>
> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
>
> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: [COTDC] MCFileRepositoryInspector

laurent laffont
In Inbox: SLICE-Issue-1-COTDC-MCFileRepositoryInspector-LaurentLaffont.1

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 5:28 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
So I propose a mix of the three propositons:

I'm a monticello tool composed of three panes to browse repositories and the packages they contain. You get an instance of me when you click on a repository in Monticello browser and press open.

My left pane presents the packages, my right one their versions and the bottom one the commit log of the selected package versions.

I underline the packages you already loaded, and highlight the ones you don't have updated to the last version. I also highlight the versions you did not load yet.

Example: I can browse packages of PharoInbox with:
(MCFileRepositoryInspector
repository: (MCHttpRepository
user: ''
password: '')
workingCopy: nil) show.

Laurent.

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 1:36 AM, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
Let's give it a try:

I am a Monticello Tool used to inspect the packages and their versions and version summary, for a given repository.
I underline the packages you already loaded, and highlight the ones you don't have updated to the last version.
I also highlight the versions you did not load yet.

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 6:41 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok after some investigations....

I'm a monticello tool composed of three panes to browse repositories and the packages they contain. You get an instance
of me when you click on a repository and press open. My left pane presents the packages, my right one their versions and the
bottom one the commit log of the selected package versions.

Indeed I don't understand why MCFileRepositoryInspector is a subclass of MCVersionInspector.  MCVersionInspector is a tool to work on one version of a package, while MCFileRepositoryInspector is a browser of all packages and repositories.

Seems to me that MCFileRepositoryInspector should be a subclass of MCTool directly.

Laurent

Stef

On Feb 4, 2011, at 7:57 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> ** 1st Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment **
> Rules: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
>
> The first round is for:     MCFileRepositoryInspector
>
> GO GO !!
>
> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
>
> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/