COTDC Suggestions

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
This week, we'll try out a previous suggestion (don't remember OP, sorry) to explore a single package, in the hopes that as we learn various classes, our knowledge will be magnified for related classes.

Also, if anyone has a particular package or class that they'd really like to see commented, let me know.
Cheers,
Sean

Alien, ODBC, Cog and VM crash

Benoit St-Jean
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to load Alien in "Pharo 1.3 OneClick" and "Pharo 1.4 Unstable".  A few problems.

1) Trying to load only win32 specifics (by executing "ConfigurationOfAlien loadWin32" as told on squeaksource) pops a message telling me that Alien-Example is a prerequesite.
2) When loading ConfigurationOfAlien (without going specific by executing "ConfigurationOfAlien loadWin32", just executing" (Smalltalk globals classNamed: 'ConfigurationOfAlien') perform:#loadLatestVersion." as told on squeaksource, it works fine until I try to load ODBC from squeaksource.  At this poing, the image hangs for a while until the VM bombs!

It bombs after a while after executing :

MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/ODBC'
    user: ''
    password: ''

Any idea?  Anyone has tried to use ODBC & Alien with Pharo > 1.3 and was successful ?

Screenshot and crash dump attached.

-----------------
Benoit St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.
(Albert Einstein)

crash-dump-odbc.jpg (34K) Download Attachment
crash.dmp (20K) Download Attachment

Re: Alien, ODBC, Cog and VM crash

Luc Fabresse
Hi Benoit,

 I am not sure that the squeaksource page is up to date.
 Try this:

(ConfigurationOfAlien project version: 'default') load: {'All'. 'Win32'}

Cheers,

#Luc