CREATING A NT SERVICE

mario bancos
Is it possible to create a Windows NT/2000/XP service with Dolphin?

If so, how?

Thanks

Re: CREATING A NT SERVICE

Bill Schwab-2
Mario,

> Is it possible to create a Windows NT/2000/XP service with Dolphin?
>
> If so, how?

Not "natively" but you can use svrany.exe to accomplish it.  Get my latest
D5 goodies and look at the ServiceControl package.  You will need svrany.exe
(available in the win2k resource kit, it not elsewhere), and keep in mind
that the (win2k anyway) control panel is not your friend when you are trying
to debug an incomplete service setup.  For example, it will typically show
you nothing about dependencies until you have it all correct.  I gave up on
trying to change an existing service, since one can simply delete and
re-create it with the desired parameters.  I also did not bother with
start/stop/pause of services, because the control panel does that quite
nicely.

Have a good one,

Bill

--