CV/OCR Library

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi,

Does anybody know if there is an OCR or some CV library available for Pharo?

I would like to make an experiment with recognizing the content of
some fixed size form, and of course I prefer to do it with Smalltalk
whenever possible.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: CV/OCR Library

darth-cheney
Hi Esteban,

I know that Sean D has wrapped the Tesseract OCR library:

Eric

Re: CV/OCR Library

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reference. I'll look into it!

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 10:06 AM Eric Gade <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Esteban,
>
> I know that Sean D has wrapped the Tesseract OCR library:
> https://github.com/seandenigris/Tesseract-St
>
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 8:42 AM Esteban Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anybody know if there is an OCR or some CV library available for Pharo?
>>
>> I would like to make an experiment with recognizing the content of
>> some fixed size form, and of course I prefer to do it with Smalltalk
>> whenever possible.
>>
>> Regards!
>>
>> Esteban A. Maringolo

> Eric

Re: CV/OCR Library

I know that there is an openCV binding by https://twitter.com/DmitryMatveev
You have a binding in GT too.

On 31 Aug 2020, at 14:40, Esteban Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is an OCR or some CV library available for Pharo?

I would like to make an experiment with recognizing the content of
some fixed size form, and of course I prefer to do it with Smalltalk
whenever possible.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: CV/OCR Library

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Indeed, we have an integration for OpenCV here:
https://github.com/feenkcom/gt4opencv

Cheers,
Doru

--
feenk.com

"Innovation comes in the least expected form.
That is, if it is expected, it already happened."

Re: CV/OCR Library

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Esteban A. Maringolo wrote
> Thanks for the reference. I'll look into it!
>> I know that Sean D has wrapped the Tesseract OCR library:
>> https://github.com/seandenigris/Tesseract-St

Esteban, I did a little work getting it working in Pharo 8 and adding an
example. Check out `Tesseract class>>#exampleHOCR` and LMK if it fits your
needs. If not, PRs are welcome ;-) FYI I'm developing in Gtoolkit at the
moment, so I'm not sure if the Morphic part (e.g. inspector extensions)
still works, but I think it should. What's been implemented so far in the
Bloc equivalent works in latest GT, but is WIP.

-----
Cheers,
Sean
Sean