Caartz : Seaside App deployed & Running

Rajeev Lochan
Dear Seasiders,
It gives me immense pride and pleasure to launch Caartz (http://www.caartz.com) - Online Shopping List Manager, which has been built using Seaside. I take this opportunity to thank one and all in the mailing list who helped me to create this app.

Since we are still in development, I request you to give feedback to make this app better and better. I also happen to use a Powered by Seaside Button on my homepage :)

I request seaside.st admins to include this app in the Seaside website's projects/existing websites.

Hoping to make a slow and steady journey.

Thanks again,
--
Rajeev Lochan

Co-founder, Caartz.com
Co-founder, AR-CAD.com
+91 9243468076 (Bangalore)

Re: Caartz : Seaside App deployed & Running

Lukas Renggli
> I request seaside.st admins to include this app in the Seaside website's
> projects/existing websites.

Added.

Thanks for the link and good luck with the launch of your application!

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

RE: Caartz : Seaside App deployed & Running

Sebastian Sastre-2
All the best in your venture Rajeev !

Sebastian Sastre

Re: Caartz : Seaside App deployed & Running

Stefan Schmiedl
On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 03:36:07 +0530
"Rajeev Lochan" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Since we are still in development, I request you to give feedback to make
> this app better and better.

I use vimoutliner (www.vimoutliner.org) for my shopping lists.
The main difference is that I have another level between the shop and
the item: the aisle or "department".

I also have the aisles arranged to fit the shops' layouts, which is the
main advantage over ad-hoc lists. No more turn-around for me!

s.

Re: Caartz : Seaside App deployed & Running

Rajeev Lochan
>heh ... I wonder when I'll start seeing people watching their mobiles
>instead of paper snippets when they push their shopping carts :-)

We do have plans to customize Caartz to be used from iPhone. Haven't made any research in this regard though.

Are there any Seaside website which as been customized for iPhones or PDA's ?

>Good choice, good strategy. Make it the distinctive "Professional
>Shopper" tool and charge $4.95/month :-)

Nice suggestion. But I think we will have to come up with much more features to charge.
Caartz started as a learning session and I have still got a long way to go :)

Regards,
Rajeev

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 1:06 PM, Stefan Schmiedl <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 08:16:19 +0530
"Rajeev Lochan" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks all,
> Stef, I browsed through vimoutliner, and by looking at screenshots, I could
> understand that its a package/software you need to download on your system
> and use it (please correct me if I am wrong).

Yep, it's an extension to the vim editor.

> If that is the case, the main
> advantage of Caartz over it is that its online and hence accessible from any
> computer connected with internet.

heh ... I wonder when I'll start seeing people watching their mobiles
instead of paper snippets when they push their shopping carts :-)

> We do have Aisles/Racks in the code. Right now, everything is going in
> Aisle1 (users dont know this). We didn't want to make things complex at the
> launch itself. We shall wait for some more feedback like yours to include
> Aisle and we shall definitely do that.

Good choice, good strategy. Make it the distinctive "Professional
Shopper" tool and charge $4.95/month :-)

s.

--
Rajeev Lochan

Co-founder, AR-CAD.com