Cache Reap Interval

Timothy James Ziebart
Hi All,

I've  been getting a reoccurring 302 error that is directly related to
the cache reap interval. At the default setting of 10, every 10 requests
end as a 302 error.  If I increase that number to 20 then on the 20th
request 302.  So I figure there is a misconfiguration or application
error in my app somewhere but I am not sure what are the considerations
when it comes to the "Cache Reap Interval" and what could be causing
this to occur in the app.  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you.

Tim

Re: Cache Reap Interval

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Timothy James Ziebart wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've  been getting a reoccurring 302 error that is directly related to
> the cache reap interval. At the default setting of 10, every 10 requests
> end as a 302 error.  If I increase that number to 20 then on the 20th

302 is not an error, but a redirection. Error responses begin with 4
(client) or 5 (server).

Levente

> request 302.  So I figure there is a misconfiguration or application
> error in my app somewhere but I am not sure what are the considerations
> when it comes to the "Cache Reap Interval" and what could be causing
> this to occur in the app.  Any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Tim

Re: Cache Reap Interval

Timothy James Ziebart
You are correct, I should have chosen better terms.  However the
redirect results in the page not being loaded - hence still a problem.

On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 23:07 +0100, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Timothy James Ziebart wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've  been getting a reoccurring 302 error that is directly related to
> > the cache reap interval. At the default setting of 10, every 10 requests
> > end as a 302 error.  If I increase that number to 20 then on the 20th
>
> 302 is not an error, but a redirection. Error responses begin with 4
> (client) or 5 (server).
>

> Levente
>
> > request 302.  So I figure there is a misconfiguration or application
> > error in my app somewhere but I am not sure what are the considerations
> > when it comes to the "Cache Reap Interval" and what could be causing
> > this to occur in the app.  Any suggestions would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Tim

Re: Cache Reap Interval

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Timothy James Ziebart wrote:

> You are correct, I should have chosen better terms.  However the
> redirect results in the page not being loaded - hence still a problem.

Your client should follow the url in the 302 response. If that doesn't
happen, then it's probably your client's fault.

I doubt you could avoid the redirect with Seaside 3.0, though it's
possible with Seaside 2.8.

Levente