Calendar Widget for VisualWorks

Georg Heeg

Is anybody aware of a calendar widget for VisualWorks?

Georg

Georg Heeg eK, Dortmund und Köthen, HR Dortmund A 12812

Tel. +49-3496-214328, Fax +49-3496-214712

Re: Calendar Widget for VisualWorks

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Yea there's one we got from some old Smalltalk archive a few years back, I can send you a parcel on Monday.

-Boris (via BlackBerry)

Re: Calendar Widget for VisualWorks

Maarten Mostert-2
<base href="x-msg://16/">
I build one for my application within a Cairo View which you can checkout here:  http://stakepoint.com/download

Tell me if this is what you need ?

Regards,

@+Maarten,

Le 8 mai 2010 à 19:57, Georg Heeg a écrit :

Is anybody aware of a calendar widget for VisualWorks?

Georg

Georg Heeg eK, Dortmund und Köthen, HR Dortmund A 12812
Tel. +49-3496-214328, Fax +49-3496-214712

Re: Calendar Widget for VisualWorks

Emiliano Pérez-3
I've made one of my own last year, contact me and I'll send it to you if you like it.

Screenshot (dont know if vwnc list will allow it):

MiniCalendar

You can use it in tree different ways:
1. As a stand-alone widget/application
2. As a date picking dialog
3. As a built-in widget in your own application window

Regards, Emiliano Pérez.

2010/5/9 Rob Vens <[hidden email]>
I use Calendar Widget (Peter Laubender's calendar widget) from the repository. I have extended it to be able to use as a drop down in a drop down menu button, to enter dates.

2010/5/8 Georg Heeg <[hidden email]>

Is anybody aware of a calendar widget for VisualWorks?

Georg

Georg Heeg eK, Dortmund und Köthen, HR Dortmund A 12812

Tel. +49-3496-214328, Fax +49-3496-214712

Re: Calendar Widget for VisualWorks

Thomas Brodt
There is a package called DateField in the Public repository which we are using. It's quite configurable with drop down, spin buttons, etc.

I'm not sure if it is currently 7.7 ready, but internally we use it with 7.6, from which the public store version was extracted.

Thomas

Am 08.05.2010 19:57, schrieb Georg Heeg:

Is anybody aware of a calendar widget for VisualWorks?

Georg

Georg Heeg eK, Dortmund und Köthen, HR Dortmund A 12812

Tel. +49-3496-214328, Fax +49-3496-214712

Re: Calendar Widget for VisualWorks

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)

We've been using the attached for a long time now and it works equally well in 7.6 and 7.7,

1. Load Calendar.pcl

2. Run "CalendarExampleAM open"

Regards,

-Boris

--

DeepCove Labs Ltd.

+1 (604) 689-0322

4th floor, 595 Howe Street

Vancouver, British Columbia

Canada V6C 2T5

http://tinyurl.com/r7uw4

PacNet Services (Europe) Ltd.

+353 (0)61 714-360

Shannon Airport House, SFZ

County Clare, Ireland

http://tinyurl.com/y952amr

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email is intended only for the persons named in the message header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and delete the entire message including any attachments.

Thank you.

Calendar.zip (23K) Download Attachment

Re: Calendar Widget for VisualWorks

BREITH Karl-Albert (AREVA)
I am using this calendar widget (formerly named PLCalendar....) since 2002.
Today in VW7.7 without any problem.

I ahve just compared to the package sent by e-Mail (the newest version). The only diference
is a little more compex years-menu, the rest is unchanged.

So this widget seems to be quite stable.

Karl

Karl Breith
AREVA NP GmbH
FDWN-G

Postfach 1109
91001 Erlangen

Phone:   +49 (0) 9131 900 95544
Fax:     +49 (0) 9131 900 94081
mail to:  [hidden email]
An AREVA and Siemens company

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Olivier Wantz - Geschäftsführer: Ulrich Gräber, Rüdiger Steuerlein
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Erlangen - Registergericht: Fürth,
HRB 7817 - www.areva-np.com - Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE 206407096
Supervisory Board Chairman: Olivier Wantz - Managing Directors: Ulrich Gräber, Rüdiger Steuerlein
Company Seat: Erlangen - Commercial Registries Fürth, HRB 7817 -
www.areva-np.com - VAT ID code: DE 206407096
Wichtiger Hinweis: Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse bzw. sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, ist Ihnen eine Kenntnisnahme des Inhalts, eine Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrücklich untersagt. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie uns und vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen Dank.

Important Note: This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: Calendar Widget for VisualWorks

Ulli Wenk
We use a own subclass of  Win32SystemSupport and the Windows library function  SysMonthCal32 with a message

CreateWindowEx: dwExStyle className: lpClassName windowName: lpWindowName style: dwStyle x: X y: Y width: nWidth hight: nHeight parent: hWndParent menu: hMenu instance: hInstance param: lpParam

    <C: HWND CreateWindowExA(
            DWORD dwExStyle,
            LPCSTR lpClassName,
            LPCSTR lpWindowName,
            DWORD dwStyle,
            int X,
            int Y,
            int nWidth,
            int nHeight,
            HWND hWndParent,
            HMENU hMenu,
            HINSTANCE hInstance,
            LPVOID lpParam)>
    ^self externalAccessFailed

which is sent in a manner like:

    hWnd := self
        CreateWindowEx: 0
        className: self MONTHCAL_CLASS
        windowName: 0
        style: style
        x: 0 y: 0 width: 0 hight: 0
        parent: (self HWND
                cast: aWindow windowHandle)
        menu: 0 instance: 0 param: 0.
where

MONTHCAL_CLASS
    <C: #define MONTHCAL_CLASSA "SysMonthCal32">

This is used by an action forced at the drop-down-button in a date combobox.

Regards, Ulli

Georg Heeg wrote:

Is anybody aware of a calendar widget for VisualWorks?

Georg

Georg Heeg eK, Dortmund und Köthen, HR Dortmund A 12812

Tel. +49-3496-214328, Fax +49-3496-214712

Autosignatur

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Dr. Hans-Ullrich Wenk

HINZ Fabrik GmbH

Organisation im Gesundheitswesen

Lankwitzer Straße 17/18

D-12107 Berlin

Tel.: +49 (0) 30 / 7 47 04-175
Fax: +49 (0) 30 / 7 47 04-160

E-Mail: [hidden email]

Besuchen Sie uns im Internet unter www.hinz.de.

Eingetragen im Handelsregister Berlin: 92 HRB 2532

Geschäftsführer: Gregor Schmidt, Berlin; Michael Voß, Berlin

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential. It is intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.