Call for Participation: 3rd Virtual Machine Meetup, September 1-2, Lugano, Switzerland

1 message Options

Call for Participation: 3rd Virtual Machine Meetup, September 1-2, Lugano, Switzerland

Stefan Marr-6
                   Call for Participation: VMM’16
                   ==============================

                     3rd Virtual Machine Meetup

                       Co-located with PPPJ
              September 1-2, 2016, Lugano, Switzerland

                   http://vmmeetup.github.io/2016/

The 3rd Virtual Machine Meetup (VMM'16) is a venue for discussing the latest
research and developments in the area of managed language execution. It will be
held on 1st and 2nd of September at the Università della Svizzera italiana
(USI), Lugano, Switzerland and is part of the Managed Languages & Runtimes Week
2016 (http://manlang16.inf.usi.ch/, other colocated events are PPPJ'16 and
JTRES'16, room Auditorium from 9am - 5pm). We welcome presentations of new
research results, experience reports, as well as position statements that can
lead to interesting discussions.

Topics include, but are not limited to:

- Programming language design
- Dynamic and static program analysis
- Compiler construction
- Managed runtime architectures
- Data processing engines
- Distributed execution environments

To participate, please email [hidden email] stating your wish to
attend, and your name and affiliation as you wish to have them on your name
badge. There are limited participant slots due to the constraints of the room,
so please register early, and by July 20th the latest.

If you would like to give a presentation, please email Thomas with a title
(max. 100 characters) and abstract (max. 400 characters). We may ask for
additional information from you before making the program decision.
Presentation slots are either 30 minutes (long) or 15 minutes (short)
including Q/A.

Important dates:

- Submissions:  July 10, 2016
- Author notification: July 17, 2016
- Registration for participation: July 20, 2016
- Virtual machine Meetup: Sep 1st + 2nd 2016 at USI Lugano
- Social Event: Sep 3rd 2016, optional

Program committee:

- Stefan Marr, JKU Linz, Austria
- Matthias Grimmer, JKU Linz, Austria
- Laurence Tratt, King's College London
- Thomas Wuerthinger, Oracle Labs Switzerland

As an optional social event, we will plan this year for Saturday the 3rd of
September a trip to the Lake Como - a gorgeous lake in Italy close to Lugano.
Please let us know whether you intend to participate for planning purposes.