Call for Presentation for ESUG 2017

Stéphane Ducasse
This is a reminder about the deadline for presentations for ESUG. It is 15 of June, we may give you one more week….
Please distribute widely

25rd International Smalltalk Joint Conference - Call for Contributions

         Maribor, Slovenia
             from 4-8 September 2017

 This call includes:
         Developer Forum
         Smalltalk Technology Award
         International Workshop
 Student Volunteer

 You can support the ESUG conference in many different ways:

 * Sponsor the conference. New sponsoring packages are described at
 * Submit a talk, a software or a paper to one of the events. See below.
 * Attend the conference. We'd like to beat the previous record of
        attendance (170 people at Amsterdam 2008)!
 * Students can get free registration and hosting if they enrol
       into the the Student Volunteers program. See below.

 Developers Forum: International Smalltalk Developers Conference

 We are looking for YOUR experience on using Smalltalk. You will have
 30 min for presentations and 45-60 min for hand-ons tutorial.

 The list of topics for the normal talks and tutorials includes, but
 is not limited to the following:
       * Micro Services, Container, Cloud, Big Data,
       * XP practices,  Development tools,  Experience reports
       * Model driven development, Web development, Team management
       * Meta-Modeling,  Security, New libraries & frameworks
       * Educational material, Embedded systems and robotics
       * SOA and Web services, Interaction with other programming languages

Teaching Pearls and Show us Your Business
- Show your business 10 min session (Get prepared!!)
- Teaching pearls : we want some session on how to teach some design
aspects. We want your tip and tricks to teach Smalltalk or OOP.

We expect to have several 10 to 15 min sessions aggregated.

!! How to submit?
 --------------

Submissions deadline is 15 of June 2017
Notification of acceptance will be on done on the fly.

Pay attention: the places are limited so do not wait till the last minute to apply.
Prospective presenters should submit a request to
Stephane.Ducasse at inria.fr AND damien at cassou.me
AND USE THE following header ESUG 2017 Developers].

Please follow the template below the email will be automatically processed!

 Subject: [ESUG 2017 Developers] + your name
 First Name:
 Last Name:
 Email where you can always be reached:
 Title:
 Type: Tutorial/Talk/Teaching Pearl
 Abstract:
 Bio:

Any presentation not respecting this form will be discarded automatically

International Workshop on Smalltalk Technologies

Technology Award Competition
 The top 3 teams with the most innovative software will receive,
 respectively, 500 Euros, 300 Euros and 200 Euros during an awards
 ceremony at the conference. Developers of any Smalltalk-based
 software are welcome to compete.

 Student Volunteer Program
 If you are a student wanting to attend ESUG, have you considered
 being a student volunteer? Student volunteers help keep the
 conference running smoothly; in return, they have free
 accommodations, while still having most of the time to enjoy the
 conference.

Send an email to
stephane.ducasse at inria.fr and serge.stinckwich at gmail.com with:

- title: [ESUG 2017 Student]
- name, gender, university/school, country, email address
- short description of you and why you are interested in participating

 More information at

 We hope to see you there and have fun together.

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France
03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: Call for Presentation for ESUG 2017

jtuchel
Not sure who to inform about this, so I chose the list ;-)
> More information at http://www.esug.org/conferences/2017

This URL redirects to http://www.esug.org/wiki/conferences/2017

And that page says:

/wiki/conferences/2017 not found

I think this problem has been around for several years now. At least I
remember seeing it several times over the last few years. Is this a
misconfiguration ?

Joachim

Re: Call for Presentation for ESUG 2017

jtuchel
Oops, was I too early?

I just registered for the conference and this is what the screen looks like after registering:

Did I register in the right system? Or did I re-register for 2015?

Joachim

Am 12.06.17 um 17:39 schrieb Stéphane Ducasse:
[...]

The link / forwarded address should be

http://www.esug.org/wiki/pier/Conferences/2017/

Am 16.06.17 um 08:44 schrieb [hidden email]:

> Not sure who to inform about this, so I chose the list ;-)
>> More information at http://www.esug.org/conferences/2017
>>

> This URL redirects to http://www.esug.org/wiki/conferences/2017
>
> And that page says:
>
> /wiki/conferences/2017 not found
>

> I think this problem has been around for several years now. At least I
> remember seeing it several times over the last few years. Is this a
> misconfiguration ?
>
> Joachim

Re: Call for Presentation for ESUG 2017

Marcus Denker-4

On 16 Jun 2017, at 08:44, [hidden email] wrote:

Not sure who to inform about this, so I chose the list ;-)
More information at http://www.esug.org/conferences/2017

This URL redirects to http://www.esug.org/wiki/conferences/2017

The current link would be

Re: Call for Presentation for ESUG 2017

jtuchel

The current link would be

works ;-)

Re: Call for Presentation for ESUG 2017

Marcus Denker-4

> On 16 Jun 2017, at 08:54, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Oops, was I too early?
>
> I just registered for the conference and this is what the screen looks like after registering:
>
> <idjcponnoocnmnpc.png>
>

> Did I register in the right system? Or did I re-register for 2015?

fixed.

        Marcus

Re: Call for Presentation for ESUG 2017

jtuchel
thanks, Marcus.

Am 16.06.17 um 09:28 schrieb Marcus Denker:

>> On 16 Jun 2017, at 08:54, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>> Oops, was I too early?
>>
>> I just registered for the conference and this is what the screen looks like after registering:
>>
>> <idjcponnoocnmnpc.png>
>>

>> Did I register in the right system? Or did I re-register for 2015?
>>

> fixed.
>
> Marcus

Re: Call for Presentation for ESUG 2017

Luc Fabresse
thanks Marcus!

#Luc

thanks, Marcus.

Am 16.06.17 um 09:28 schrieb Marcus Denker:
On 16 Jun 2017, at 08:54, [hidden email] wrote:

Oops, was I too early?

I just registered for the conference and this is what the screen looks like after registering:

<idjcponnoocnmnpc.png>

Did I register in the right system? Or did I re-register for 2015?

fixed.

        Marcus

Objektfabrik Joachim Tuchel          mailto:[hidden email]
Fliederweg 1                         http://www.objektfabrik.de
D-71640 Ludwigsburg                  http://joachimtuchel.wordpress.com
Telefon: <a href="tel:%2B49%207141%2056%2010%2086%200" value="+4971415610860" target="_blank">+49 7141 56 10 86 0         Fax: <a href="tel:%2B49%207141%2056%2010%2086%201" value="+4971415610861" target="_blank">+49 7141 56 10 86 1