Call for companies using pharo to get a payed INRIA engineer

Call for companies using pharo to get a payed INRIA engineer

Stéphane Ducasse

Hi guys

we are writing a proposal to get an engineer for pharo from INRIA (nothing is clear but we should at least try).
I learned this morning that we could apply. Some meetings are better than others :)
So I have a small list but I'm sure that we have much more companies around using pharo.

Re: Call for companies using pharo to get a payed INRIA engineer

Guido Stepken
Stéphane Ducasse wrote
Hi guys

we are writing a proposal to get an engineer for pharo from INRIA (nothing is clear but we should at least try).
I learned this morning that we could apply. Some meetings are better than others :)
So I have a small list but I'm sure that we have much more companies around using pharo.

E.g. Koffice and GnuPG had such sponsoring. Here in Berlin, we get several projects with squeak at schools sponsored by EC. Pots are full. Ask s.b. who is specialized on that ... dunnow your structures in france ...

regards, Guido Stepken

Re: Call for companies using pharo to get a payed INRIA engineer

Stéphane Ducasse
>> Hi Stef!
>
> There are several possibilities to get things sponsored by the european
> community for software projects, coordination of software projects, e.t.c.
>
> E.g. Koffice and GnuPG had such sponsoring. Here in Berlin, we get several
> projects with squeak at schools sponsored by EC. Pots are full. Ask s.b. who
> is specialized on that ... dunnow your structures in france ...

do you have a pointer on it in germany?
Because this would be interesting.
The problem is that we are too small (low visibility)
Stef

> regards, Guido Stepken

Collecting pharo user company names

Wait may be I was not clear.
I would really like to show that we have a certain number of companies using pharo.
So if you are one of these and you are not listed on our web site please let us know.

Stef

On Dec 17, 2009, at 12:34 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> we are writing a proposal to get an engineer for pharo from INRIA (nothing is clear but we should at least try).
> I learned this morning that we could apply. Some meetings are better than others :)
> So I have a small list but I'm sure that we have much more companies around using pharo.
>
> Stef

Re: Collecting pharo user company names

hernan.wilkinson
Hi Stef,
 I can not find where the companies are listed in the site...

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wait may be I was not clear.
> I would really like to show that we have a certain number of companies using pharo.
> So if you are one of these and you are not listed on our web site please let us know.
>
> Stef
>
> On Dec 17, 2009, at 12:34 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>

>> Hi guys
>>
>> we are writing a proposal to get an engineer for pharo from INRIA (nothing is clear but we should at least try).
>> I learned this morning that we could apply. Some meetings are better than others :)
>> So I have a small list but I'm sure that we have much more companies around using pharo.
>>
>> Stef

Re: Collecting pharo user company names

Adrian Lienhard
Stef probably referred to this list:

http://www.pharo-project.org/about/success-stories

It is project-based, but we also started collecting a list only of
companies that use Pharo (its not online yet).

Adrian

On Dec 17, 2009, at 21:44 , Hernan Wilkinson wrote:

> Hi Stef,
> I can not find where the companies are listed in the site...
>
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Wait may be I was not clear.
>> I would really like to show that we have a certain number of
>> companies using pharo.
>> So if you are one of these and you are not listed on our web site
>> please let us know.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Dec 17, 2009, at 12:34 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>

>>> Hi guys
>>>
>>> we are writing a proposal to get an engineer for pharo from INRIA
>>> (nothing is clear but we should at least try).
>>> I learned this morning that we could apply. Some meetings are
>>> better than others :)
>>> So I have a small list but I'm sure that we have much more
>>> companies around using pharo.
>>>
>>> Stef

Re: Collecting pharo user company names

I forgot 10pines so I add you to my document.
I want make it shines.

Stef
On Dec 17, 2009, at 9:44 PM, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:

> Hi Stef,
> I can not find where the companies are listed in the site...
>
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Wait may be I was not clear.
>> I would really like to show that we have a certain number of companies using pharo.
>> So if you are one of these and you are not listed on our web site please let us know.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Dec 17, 2009, at 12:34 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>

>>> Hi guys
>>>
>>> we are writing a proposal to get an engineer for pharo from INRIA (nothing is clear but we should at least try).
>>> I learned this morning that we could apply. Some meetings are better than others :)
>>> So I have a small list but I'm sure that we have much more companies around using pharo.
>>>
>>> Stef

Re: Collecting pharo user company names

garduino
Hi Pharoers:

After the event on BA I put an eye on Pharo with more detail than before.

And let me comment that I found it very comfortable to develop software.

Even when I continue deploying production solutions in small squeak
images, I started using Pharo to the redesign of my Real Estate
product.

Don't know if this is enough to qualify as "company using Pharo" but
wanted to comment anyway.

Cheers.

Germán S. Arduino  <gsa @ arsol.net>   Twitter: garduino
Arduino Software & Web Hosting   http://www.arduinosoftware.com
PasswordsPro  http://www.passwordspro.com

2009/12/17 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> I forgot 10pines so I add you to my document.
> I want make it shines.
>
> Stef
> On Dec 17, 2009, at 9:44 PM, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:
>
>> Hi Stef,
>> I can not find where the companies are listed in the site...
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Wait may be I was not clear.
>>> I would really like to show that we have a certain number of companies using pharo.
>>> So if you are one of these and you are not listed on our web site please let us know.
>>>
>>> Stef

Re: Collecting pharo user company names

Stéphane Ducasse
Hola German

> After the event on BA I put an eye on Pharo with more detail than before.
>
> And let me comment that I found it very comfortable to develop software.
>
> Even when I continue deploying production solutions in small squeak
> images, I started using Pharo to the redesign of my Real Estate
> product.

We hope to have small pharo images in the future. but one step at a time.

> Don't know if this is enough to qualify as "company using Pharo" but
> wanted to comment anyway.

Sure it does :)
Do you have a webpage?

Pay attention 1.1 is in flux, faster but in flux and we want to keep it
like that for a moment and start to do a code freeze. Having one release every six months.

Re: Collecting pharo user company names

garduino
Hola Stéphane:

2009/12/18 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> Hola German
>
>> After the event on BA I put an eye on Pharo with more detail than before.
>>
>> And let me comment that I found it very comfortable to develop software.
>>
>> Even when I continue deploying production solutions in small squeak
>> images, I started using Pharo to the redesign of my Real Estate
>> product.
>

> We hope to have small pharo images in the future. but one step at a time.

Cool. Until now I've my own procedure (home developed :)) to shrinking, but
I also started using MinimalMorphic from Edgar who continued a work of
Pavel. Not closures yet, but small and good to web services, mainly on
shared servers.

>> Don't know if this is enough to qualify as "company using Pharo" but
>> wanted to comment anyway.
>
> Sure it does :)
> Do you have a webpage?

Sure: www.arduinosoftware.com / www.arsol.biz / www.arsol.net (I'm also
developing an internal use system to administer the webhostig and so, but
well, I go slow, as time permit...)

> Pay attention 1.1 is in flux, faster but in flux and we want to keep it
> like that for a moment and start to do a code freeze. Having one release every six months.

To the work I commented (the redesign of my real estate app) I'm using
the alphaweb image, and
I use to apply all the updates on a daily basis, as a way of maintain
myself informed of changes
and progress. No real problems until now.

BTW: The new System Settings Browser look really nice!

> Stef

Cheers.
Germán.

Re: Call for companies using pharo to get a payed INRIA engineer

Miguel Cobá
Add mine, Trantaria

www.trantaria.com

our product isn't online yet but soon. We use PharoCore 1.0

cheers

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 5:34 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> we are writing a proposal to get an engineer for pharo from INRIA (nothing is clear but we should at least try).
> I learned this morning that we could apply. Some meetings are better than others :)
> So I have a small list but I'm sure that we have much more companies around using pharo.
>
> Stef

Re: Call for companies using pharo to get a payed INRIA engineer

Stéphane Ducasse
excellent