Call for problems to be discussed at the Tutorial on Advanced Web Applications with Seaside

Call for problems to be discussed at the Tutorial on Advanced Web Applications with Seaside

Johan Brichau-2
Dale Henrichs, Philippe Marschall and myself organise a 'Sophisticated Web Applications with Seaside' tutorial on thursday at the ESUG Conference.

We want this tutorial to be as practical as possible, so please send in the topics, problems, suggestions, you want to see discussed.
Sending in a topic does not guarantee that we will handle it during the tutorial, but it will help us make the session as applied as possible.

The abstract of the tutorial is:

If you want to know everything about building sophisticated web applications with Seaside using tightly-integrated client-side libraries and frameworks (jQuery, jQuery++, jQuery-UI, Bootstrap, jQuery-Mobile,...), transparent persistence, RESTful webservices, etc or just about what's new in Seaside, then this tutorial is for you. We will skip the basics (see the excellent online tutorials [1][2] and book [3]) and jump right into the advanced uses of jQuery, the intricate details of ajax callbacks, the extensible framework, the transparent persistence in GemStone Web Edition (GLASS), and much more.

We will reserve ample time for Q&A, so bring your questions to the session!

See you at ESUG
Johan_______________________________________________
seaside mailing list

Re: Call for problems to be discussed at the Tutorial on Advanced Web Applications with Seaside

Esteban A. Maringolo

Maybe this an already discussed topic. But horizontal scaling techniques is a topic I'm interested. In particular with the newer session management (cookies, bots, etc).

Also, integration with realtime technologies like Web sockets is something I would like to see. Today it need to be done separately in terms of Seaside.

I look forward to see this presentation (I hope someone records it). I'm sure it will spark more questions after you perform it.

Regards,

El jul 20, 2014 6:17 AM, "Johan Brichau" <[hidden email]> escribió:
[...]

Sabine Manaa
For me, the last months the following points have been challenging:

* support for back button if you use ajax calls
* creating a fully responsive solution, eg. responsive tables

For the future, I would be interested in
* hints how to integrate graphics/diagrams for providing a dashboard to my users. Perhaps rickshaw and or alternatives.

Unfortunately, I can not join ESUG this year. So, like Esteban, I would be very very happy if someone could record it and put the scripts online.

Btw, the links in your post, "online tutorials [1][2] and book [3]" have been missing.

Regards
Sabine

[...]

mikefilonov
Hi Johan,

I would really appreciate to hear a tutorial on sessions in Seaside. I recently stumbled over the misuse of this object in my application and I found myself in a lot of bad code to have a workaround.

If you like you may see my thoughts on this here:
http://pillarhub.pharocloud.com/hub/mikefilonov/seasidesessionsarenotwhattheyseem

But I have doubts that I get the picture right. May be there is a simple solution which I have not seen.

Anyway general Seaside Sessions "best-practice" tutorial will be nice to have.

Thank you!

Re: Call for problems to be discussed at the Tutorial on Advanced Web Applications with Seaside

Stephan Eggermont-3
Mike wrote:
>I would really appreciate to hear a tutorial on sessions in Seaside.
>I recently stumbled over the misuse of this object in my application and I found myself in a lot of bad code to have a workaround.

The approach we use in Deltawerken and QCMagritte seems to work pretty well.
Take a look at QCComponent, QCPageChoice,  QCSession

Stephan