Calypso - how do you revert unsaved changes?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Calypso - how do you revert unsaved changes?

Tim Mackinnon
Hi - in Calypso in Pharo 7, there is a neat concept of method changes that are yet saved (and the top right of the editor has the normal orange smudge indicator).

I like the idea (which lets you naviaged elsewhere to check something before making your change) - however if you want to revert that change and just go back to the original source - how do you do this?

There is a little X indicator in the status bar - but that seems to do nothing (?).

Do you have to use the versions menu and pick revert? But then when I do that - I see a Red smudge on the text pane now, and the method source hasn’t reverted? So I’m a bit confused what you are supposed to do? The closes I can get to - is closing the tab in the browser and then reclick on the method in question - but I’m wondering if I’m missing an obvious alternative?

Tim

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Calypso - how do you revert unsaved changes?

CyrilFerlicot
On 25/06/2018 14:48, Tim Mackinnon wrote:
> Hi - in Calypso in Pharo 7, there is a neat concept of method changes that are yet saved (and the top right of the editor has the normal orange smudge indicator).
>
> I like the idea (which lets you naviaged elsewhere to check something before making your change) - however if you want to revert that change and just go back to the original source - how do you do this?
>
> There is a little X indicator in the status bar - but that seems to do nothing (?).
>

Hi,

In the context menu there is a "cancel" option with the Ctrl + L shortcut.

> Do you have to use the versions menu and pick revert? But then when I do that - I see a Red smudge on the text pane now, and the method source hasn’t reverted? So I’m a bit confused what you are supposed to do? The closes I can get to - is closing the tab in the browser and then reclick on the method in question - but I’m wondering if I’m missing an obvious alternative?
>
> Tim
>
>

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Calypso - how do you revert unsaved changes?

Tim Mackinnon
Ahhhh - mouse blindness - glad you pointed that out, it was driving me batty.

> On 25 Jun 2018, at 14:03, Cyril Ferlicot D. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 25/06/2018 14:48, Tim Mackinnon wrote:
>> Hi - in Calypso in Pharo 7, there is a neat concept of method changes that are yet saved (and the top right of the editor has the normal orange smudge indicator).
>>
>> I like the idea (which lets you naviaged elsewhere to check something before making your change) - however if you want to revert that change and just go back to the original source - how do you do this?
>>
>> There is a little X indicator in the status bar - but that seems to do nothing (?).
>>
>
> Hi,
>
> In the context menu there is a "cancel" option with the Ctrl + L shortcut.
>
>> Do you have to use the versions menu and pick revert? But then when I do that - I see a Red smudge on the text pane now, and the method source hasn’t reverted? So I’m a bit confused what you are supposed to do? The closes I can get to - is closing the tab in the browser and then reclick on the method in question - but I’m wondering if I’m missing an obvious alternative?
>>
>> Tim
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Cyril Ferlicot
> https://ferlicot.fr
>