Calypso question: adding a context menu item

Calypso question: adding a context menu item

Juraj Kubelka
Hi,

To implement a context menu item. I have implemented a new class:

-=-=-=-
CmdCommand subclass: #ClyHelloCommand
        instanceVariableNames: ''
        classVariableNames: ''
        package: 'Calypso-Extensions’
-=-=-=-

with methods:

-=-=-=-=-
ClyHelloCommand class >> #systemBrowserMenuActivator
        <commandActivator>

        ^CmdContextMenuCommandActivator byRootGroupItemFor: ClyVariableSystemBrowserContext

ClyHelloCommand >> # defaultMenuItemName
        ^'Say Hello’

ClyHelloCommand >> # execute
        self inform: 'Hello'
-=-=-=-=-

But it does not display in the context menu. I expect it next to “Generate accessors” as I took this command as an example.
What do I miss?

Thanks,
Juraj

Re: Calypso question: adding a context menu item

Denis Kudriashov
Hi Juraj.

I repeated your steps and it works for me:
In "vars" mode I have "Say Hello" in context menu of selected variable (just before "Show in method browser" item).

Maybe you were looking at context menu of class pane? In that case command activator should be defined as:
ClyHelloCommand class>>systemBrowserClassMenuActivator
        <commandActivator>
        ^CmdContextMenuCommandActivator byRootGroupItemFor: ClyClassSystemBrowserContext

Juraj

Re: Calypso question: adding a context menu item

Juraj Kubelka
Hi Denis,

Thanks! In dead, I used incorrect context.

Juraj