Camp Smalltalk Four

Travis Griggs-6
It's time for another Camp Smalltalk. We've done a couple in conjunction
with other events since the first two--now it's time to do the full week
Camp Smalltalk again. This time, Ralph Johnson has found us a great
location in Colorado Springs at a great price. The event will run from
June 10 to June 14. See http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/CampSmalltalk/CS4 for
more details.

For the uninitiated: Camp Smalltalk is an event where we gather and
write Smalltalk code. It is unequivocally my favorite technical event
ever. Why? Because I get to do hands on work for a week with others. Its
an opportunity to contribute to the extent you can, and an opportunity
to learn from others. Many of the attendees practice XP, so its a chance
to experience XP as well. Whether a newbie learning the ropes or a
veteran hacker, you gain a lot.

Its an event for Smalltalkers run by Smalltalkers who want to be better
Smalltalkers and see Smalltalk be better.

If you haven't been involved in the past, but want to go to CS4 or get
on the mailing list, contact Ralph Johnson (mailto:[hidden email]).
Let him know your Smalltalk background and maybe what your reasons are
for wanting to get involved.

--
Travis Griggs
Key Technology

Re: Camp Smalltalk Four

jane smith
Travis Griggs <[hidden email]> wrote in message

> It's time for another Camp Smalltalk. We've done a couple in conjunction
> with other events since the first two--now it's time to do the full week
> Camp Smalltalk again. This time, Ralph Johnson has found us a great
> location in Colorado Springs at a great price. The event will run from
> June 10 to June 14. See http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/CampSmalltalk/CS4 for
> more details.
>
> For the uninitiated: Camp Smalltalk is an event where we gather and
> write Smalltalk code. It is unequivocally my favorite technical event
> ever. Why? Because I get to do hands on work for a week with others. Its
> an opportunity to contribute to the extent you can, and an opportunity
> to learn from others. Many of the attendees practice XP, so its a chance
> to experience XP as well. Whether a newbie learning the ropes or a
> veteran hacker, you gain a lot.
>
> Its an event for Smalltalkers run by Smalltalkers who want to be better
> Smalltalkers and see Smalltalk be better.
>
> If you haven't been involved in the past, but want to go to CS4 or get
> on the mailing list, contact Ralph Johnson (mailto:[hidden email]).
> Let him know your Smalltalk background and maybe what your reasons are
> for wanting to get involved.

where is it ?

Re: Camp Smalltalk Four

Alan Wostenberg-3
[hidden email] (jane smith) wrote in message news:<[hidden email]>...
> Travis Griggs <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> > It's time for another Camp Smalltalk. We've done a couple in conjunction
> > with other events since the first two--now it's time to do the full week
> > Camp Smalltalk again. This time, Ralph Johnson has found us a great
> > location in Colorado Springs at a great price. The event will run from
> > June 10 to June 14. See http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/CampSmalltalk/CS4 for
> > more details.

> where is it ?

At a mountain conference center outside Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Tour http://home.navigators.org/us/gleneyrie/

-Alan Wostenberg

Re: Camp Smalltalk Four

Travis Griggs-6
jane smith wrote:

> Travis Griggs <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>
>>It's time for another Camp Smalltalk. We've done a couple in conjunction
>>with other events since the first two--now it's time to do the full week
>>Camp Smalltalk again. This time, Ralph Johnson has found us a great
>>location in Colorado Springs at a great price. The event will run from
>>June 10 to June 14. See http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/CampSmalltalk/CS4 for
>>more details.
>>
>>For the uninitiated: Camp Smalltalk is an event where we gather and
>>write Smalltalk code. It is unequivocally my favorite technical event
>>ever. Why? Because I get to do hands on work for a week with others. Its
>>an opportunity to contribute to the extent you can, and an opportunity
>>to learn from others. Many of the attendees practice XP, so its a chance
>>to experience XP as well. Whether a newbie learning the ropes or a
>>veteran hacker, you gain a lot.
>>
>>Its an event for Smalltalkers run by Smalltalkers who want to be better
>>Smalltalkers and see Smalltalk be better.
>>
>>If you haven't been involved in the past, but want to go to CS4 or get
>>on the mailing list, contact Ralph Johnson (mailto:[hidden email]).
>>Let him know your Smalltalk background and maybe what your reasons are
>>for wanting to get involved.
>>

> where is it ?

It's at a "retreat" like place in Colorado Springs. It's called Glen
Eyrie. Ralph Johnson sent an email recently describing the site, and it
was very encouraging. I am now even more excited to go.