Can I get a handle onto the canvas from a Seaside filter?

Can I get a handle onto the canvas from a Seaside filter?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi guys,

I do already have some filters (subclasses of WARequestFilter) in which I implement #handleFiltered:. In these cases, I normally do some "backend-only" stuff. But now, I have a usecase in which I would like to do some backend stuff, but also, may want to answer some JS to be executed besides the specific answer for that case. For example, I want to do something like this:

script << ((html jQuery id: '#whatever') replaceWith:[:r |
self somethingRenderedOn: r.
])

Is there a way to do that?

Re: Can I get a handle onto the canvas from a Seaside filter?

Philippe Marschall
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 7:07 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I do already have some filters (subclasses of WARequestFilter) in which I
> implement #handleFiltered:. In these cases, I normally do some
> "backend-only" stuff. But now, I have a usecase in which I would like to do
> some backend stuff, but also, may want to answer some JS to be executed
> besides the specific answer for that case. For example, I want to do
> something like this:
>
> script << ((html jQuery id: '#whatever') replaceWith:[:r |
> self somethingRenderedOn: r.
> ])

Just to be sure I understand you correctly: behind the filter is some
request handler or component that does the actual rendering which you
want to influence?

Cheers
Philippe

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I do already have some filters (subclasses of WARequestFilter) in which I
> implement #handleFiltered:. In these cases, I normally do some
> "backend-only" stuff. But now, I have a usecase in which I would like to do
> some backend stuff, but also, may want to answer some JS to be executed
> besides the specific answer for that case. For example, I want to do
> something like this:
>
> script << ((html jQuery id: '#whatever') replaceWith:[:r |
> self somethingRenderedOn: r.
> ])

Just to be sure I understand you correctly: behind the filter is some
request handler or component that does the actual rendering which you
want to influence?

Exactly. Imagine a JS script that I would like to render after each Seaside callback.

Cheers
Philippe