Can Profiles for STORE be exported?

askoh
Administrator
I would like to import profiles for STORE into different images. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,
Aik-Siong Koh

Re: Can Profiles for STORE be exported?

Stephen Pope

Doesn't the Store open dialog have a "Save" button?

I believe it saves an XML file of the format,

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<settings domain="VisualWorksSettings">
<setting>
<id>
<key>store</key>
<key>repositories</key>
</id>
<state>
<store-repository name="Cincom Public Repository">
<driver-class-name>PostgreSQLEXDIConnection</driver-class-name>
<environment>store.cincomsmalltalk.com:5432_store_public</environment>
<user-name>guest</user-name>
<password>guest</password>
</store-repository>
</state>
</setting>
</settings>

If you customize the settings, this gets reflected in the file.

stp

--

  Stephen Travis Pope   Santa Barbara, California, USA    http://HeavenEverywhere.com

-

On Jan 5, 2013, at 7:25 PM, askoh wrote:

I would like to import profiles for STORE into different images. Is there a
way to do that?

Thanks,
Aik-Siong Koh

Re: Can Profiles for STORE be exported?

Niall Ross
Dear Koh,
    open the VisualWorks Settings (System > Settings menu on the
launcher, or the button below it).  Select the Store > Repositories side
tab. In the right-click popup menu, select 'Save Page...'.

Alternatively, select 'Save...' (with any side tab selected) to save all
that image's settings, not just the Store repositories list.  The System
 > VisualWorks Home Directory setting will not be saved but all others will.

To load the saved settings into another image, open the settings and do
Load Page... for just the repositories or Load... for all of them.

             Yours faithfully
                      Niall Ross

>I would like to import profiles for STORE into different images. Is there a
>way to do that?
>
>Thanks,
>Aik-Siong Koh

Re: Can Profiles for STORE be exported?

Samuel S. Shuster-2
askoh,

I would like to import profiles for STORE into different images. Is there a
way to do that?

Besides the already mentioned which import/export "settings", there is the perhaps poorly named Import/Export Repositories.

If you right click on the launcher status bar at the bottom, you see these two options which will then import/export all your repository profiles, which can then be loaded into another image.

Perhaps a better name for these would be Import/Export Repository Profiles….

Also note, if you open the repository manager (also on that same menu) there is Import and Export on that window's File menu.

                               And So It Goes
                                    Sames