Can Squeak send Email?

Kirk Fraser
Hi,

I've learned my state legislators require about 10 repeat emails to decide to answer.  How can one send emails in Squeak 5.0?  For a web based email like Gmail which class should I be looking at?  WebBrowser, WebClient, WebRequest, WebServer, WebSocket, or what?   Thank you.

Kirk Fraser

Re: Can Squeak send Email?

Benoit St-Jean
This is a bit outdated but since MailSender & MailComposition are still in the image, this should work.  After that, it's just a matter of knowing the email server settings...

I've learned my state legislators require about 10 repeat emails to decide to answer.  How can one send emails in Squeak 5.0?  For a web based email like Gmail which class should I be looking at?  WebBrowser, WebClient, WebRequest, WebServer, WebSocket, or what?   Thank you.

Kirk Fraser

Re: Can Squeak send Email?

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 17-12-15 23:56, Kirk Fraser wrote:
> How can one send emails in Squeak 5.0?  For a web
> based email like Gmail which class should I be looking at?

For Gmail you might want to borrow something from Pharo's
ZdcSecureSMTPClient

Stephan