Can anyone provide me with clear, complete, and detailed instructions for loading PetitParser into Pharo 3.0?

Can anyone provide me with clear, complete, and detailed instructions for loading PetitParser into Pharo 3.0?

Richard Sargent
Administrator
I appear to have found .43 of ConfigurationOfPetitParser, but it seems to want Glamour, and Glamour seems to want other stuff ...

What do I have to load, from where, in what order?

Thanks,
Richard

Re: Can anyone provide me with clear, complete, and detailed instructions for loading PetitParser into Pharo 3.0?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
If you don't need the UI, just load the 'Core' group and you should be fine.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Can anyone provide me with clear, complete, and detailed instructions for loading PetitParser into Pharo 3.0?

Richard Sargent
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
If you don't need the UI, just load the 'Core' group and you should be fine.
Thanks for replying, Sean. Unfortunately, I don't know how to process your answer. What actions do I need to do in what window or what expressions do I need to evaluate to achieve this?

And likewise, if I do want to load the UI, what do I need to do?

Thanks,
Richard

Re: Can anyone provide me with clear, complete, and detailed instructions for loading PetitParser into Pharo 3.0?

Paul DeBruicker
If ConfigurationOfPetitParser is loaded in your image you should be able run the following code in a workspace to load the 'Core' metacello group:

ConfigurationOfPetitParser project stableVersion load: 'Core'

I'm not sure of the canonical location of the ConfigurationOfPetitParser though, as I don't use it,.

hth.

Paul

Richard Sargent wrote
Sean P. DeNigris wrote

Thanks,
Richard

Re: Can anyone provide me with clear, complete, and detailed instructions for loading PetitParser into Pharo 3.0?

Richard Sargent
Administrator
Paul DeBruicker wrote
If ConfigurationOfPetitParser is loaded in your image you should be able run the following code in a workspace to load the 'Core' metacello group:

ConfigurationOfPetitParser project stableVersion load: 'Core'

I'm not sure of the canonical location of the ConfigurationOfPetitParser though, as I don't use it,.
Thanks, Paul. The Configuration Browser is pre-configured with three repository locations. I was able to find PetitParser (TudorGirba.43) on the ss3 repository. Loading Core alone worked.

That still leaves the question of loading the PetitParser UI stuff and its prerequisites.

Re: Can anyone provide me with clear, complete, and detailed instructions for loading PetitParser into Pharo 3.0?

kurs.jan
Hi All,

Sorry for a late reply, here is the latest status with PetitParser and Pharo (tested on Pharo3):

"Configuration should be loaded like this:"
Gofer new smalltalkhubUser: 'Moose' project: 'PetitParser';
    configurationOf: #PetitParser; load.

"Minimal set of parsers to use petit parser:"
ConfigurationOfPetitParser project stableVersion load: 'Core'.
ConfigurationOfPetitParser project stableVersion load: 'Tests'.

"All the petit parser suite:"
ConfigurationOfPetitParser loadDevelopment.

Please, let me know if you have any issues/requirements.

Regards,
Jan

On 27 October 2014 19:24, Richard Sargent <[hidden email]> wrote:
Paul DeBruicker wrote
> If ConfigurationOfPetitParser is loaded in your image you should be able
> run the following code in a workspace to load the 'Core' metacello group:
>
> ConfigurationOfPetitParser project stableVersion load: 'Core'
>

> I'm not sure of the canonical location of the ConfigurationOfPetitParser
> though, as I don't use it,.

Thanks, Paul. The Configuration Browser is pre-configured with three
repository locations. I was able to find PetitParser (TudorGirba.43) on the
ss3 repository. Loading Core alone worked.

That still leaves the question of loading the PetitParser UI stuff and its
prerequisites.

Re: Can anyone provide me with clear, complete, and detailed instructions for loading PetitParser into Pharo 3.0?

Richard Sargent
Administrator
kurs.jan wrote
Hi All,

Sorry for a late reply, here is the latest status with PetitParser and
Pharo (tested on Pharo3):

"Configuration should be loaded like this:"
Gofer new smalltalkhubUser: 'Moose' project: 'PetitParser';
    configurationOf: #PetitParser; load.

"Minimal set of parsers to use petit parser:"
ConfigurationOfPetitParser project stableVersion load: 'Core'.
ConfigurationOfPetitParser project stableVersion load: 'Tests'.

"All the petit parser suite:"
ConfigurationOfPetitParser loadDevelopment.

Please, let me know if you have any issues/requirements.
Thank you, Jan! That worked perfectly.

I did notice a large number of warnings and errors in the Transcript. Many of them we resolved later in the loading, just being load order dependencies. But many of them appear to be genuine errors. Are they expected?

The following is a distillation of the messages in the Transcript showing these issues. Quite a number of them were resolved; I have annotated them with "***Resolved by later load***" at the end of the line.

PPMemento>>position: (position is Undeclared)
PPMemento>>position (position is Undeclared)
PPMemoizedParser>>reset: (stream is Undeclared)
PPMemoizedParser>>parseOn: (stream is Undeclared)
PPMemoizedParser>>parseOn: (stream is Undeclared)
PPMemoizedParser>>parseOn: (stream is Undeclared)
PPMemoizedParser>>parseOn: (stream is Undeclared)
PPMemoizedParser>>parseOn: (stream is Undeclared)
PPMemoizedParser>>parseOn: (stream is Undeclared)
PPMemoizedParser>>parseOn: (stream is Undeclared)
PPMemoizedParser>>parseOn: (stream is Undeclared)
PPMemoizedParser>>parseOn: (stream is Undeclared)
JavaParserTest>>createContext:(context is shadowed)
PPMemoizingIslandTest>>testMemo(context is shadowed)
PPSmalltalkParser>>buildMethod:(pragma is shadowed)
        Loaded -> PetitParser-JanKurs.253 --- http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/PetitParser/main/ --- cache

GLMBrowser>>close (GLMBrowserClosed is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMCompositePresentation>>accumulator (GLMAccumulator is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMCompositePresentation>>actionList (GLMActionListPresentation is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMCompositePresentation>>diff (GLMDiffPresentation is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMCompositePresentation>>dropDownList (GLMDropDownListPresentation is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMCompositePresentation>>dynamic (GLMDynamicPresentation is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMCompositePresentation>>finder (GLMFinder is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMCompositePresentation>>list (GLMListPresentation is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMCompositePresentation>>morph (GLMMorphPresentation is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMCompositePresentation>>smalltalkCode (GLMSmalltalkCodePresentation is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMCompositePresentation>>spec (GLMSpecPresentation is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMCompositePresentation>>table (GLMTablePresentation is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMCompositePresentation>>tabulator (GLMTabulator is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMCompositePresentation>>text (GLMTextPresentation is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMCompositePresentation>>tree (GLMTreePresentation is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMCompositePresentation>>wrapper (GLMWrapper is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMPresentation>>windowIsClosing (GLMBrowserClosing is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
        Loaded -> Glamour-Core-TudorGirba.285 --- http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Glamour/main/ --- cache

GLMSmalltalkCodePresentation>>defaultSelectionActions (GLMUIThemeExtraIcons is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMSmalltalkCodePresentation>>defaultSelectionActions (GLMUIThemeExtraIcons is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
        Loaded -> Glamour-Presentations-TudorGirba.165 --- http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Glamour/main/ --- cache

GLMExamplesBrowser>>exampleIn: (GLMUIThemeExtraIcons is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>browserWithToolbar (GLMUIThemeExtraIcons is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>morphIcons (GLMUIThemeExtraIcons is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>multipleActions (GLMUIThemeExtraIcons is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>populatePortAction (GLMUIThemeExtraIcons is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>roassalPainting (RTMondrianViewBuilder is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>simplePager (GLMPager is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>smalltalkCode (GLMUIThemeExtraIcons is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>smalltalkCode (GLMUIThemeExtraIcons is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>tableWithIcons (GLMUIThemeExtraIcons is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>tableWithIcons (GLMUIThemeExtraIcons is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>tabsWithDifferentActions (GLMUIThemeExtraIcons is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>tabsWithDifferentActions (GLMUIThemeExtraIcons is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>tabsWithDifferentLabels (GLMUIThemeExtraIcons is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>treeWithMenu (GLMUIThemeExtraIcons is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>updateableBrowser (GLMUIThemeExtraIcons is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>updateableBrowser (GLMUIThemeExtraIcons is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>updateableBrowser (GLMItemAdded is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>updateableBrowser (GLMItemRemoved is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>validatingPresentation (GLMItemRemoved is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>validatingPresentation (GLMItemAdded is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>validatingPresentation (GLMUIThemeExtraIcons is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
GLMBasicExamples>>validatingPresentation (GLMUIThemeExtraIcons is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
        Loaded -> Glamour-Examples-TudorGirba.288 --- http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Glamour/main/ --- cache

GLMBrick class>>resizeImage:scale: (GLMForm is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
        Loaded -> Glamour-Morphic-Brick-AliakseiSyrel.15 --- http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Glamour/main/ --- cache

GLMBrowserTest>>testUpdateRecomputesMatchingPresentations (GLMAnnouncingCollection is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
        Loaded -> Glamour-Tests-Core-AndreiChis.99 --- http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Glamour/main/ --- cache

RubSegmentMorph>>containsPoint: (borderWidth is Undeclared)
RubSegmentMorph>>filledForm (borderColor is Undeclared)
RubSegmentMorph>>filledForm (borderColor is Undeclared)
RubSegmentMorph>>vertices:color:borderWidth:borderColor: (borderWidth is Undeclared)
RubSegmentMorph>>vertices:color:borderWidth:borderColor: (borderColor is Undeclared)
        Loaded -> Rubric-AlainPlantec.137 --- http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/AlainPlantec/Rubric/main/ --- cache

GLMExpanderContentsNodeModel>>elementColumn (GLMMorphicPaneWithoutTitleRenderer is Undeclared) ***Resolved by later load***
        Loaded -> Glamour-Morphic-Widgets-AliakseiSyrel.150 --- http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Glamour/main/ --- cache

InstanceSpy>>example02 (ROMouseMove is Undeclared)
InstanceSpy>>example02 (ROMouseEnter is Undeclared)
InstanceSpy>>example02 (ROMouseLeave is Undeclared)
InstanceSpy>>example03 (ROElement is Undeclared)
InstanceSpy>>example03 (ROEdge is Undeclared)
InstanceSpy>>example03 (ROLabel is Undeclared)
InstanceSpy>>example03 (ROMouseEnter is Undeclared)
RTAbstractExample>>pressedBackButtonOn: (RTExampleBrowser is Undeclared)
RTExampleBrowserGT>>open (GTInspector is Undeclared)
RTSugiyamaLayout>>addDummyNodes (RODummyNode is Undeclared)
RTSVGExporterExample>>exampleDependencyAnalyzerBuilder (RTDependencyAnalyzerBuilder is Undeclared)
RTSVGExporterExample>>exampleWithDragAndDropHightlightPopup (RTDependencyAnalyzerBuilder is Undeclared)
RTSunburstBuilderExamples>>basic12 (ROMondrianExample is Undeclared)
        Loaded -> Roassal2-akevalion.570 --- http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/ObjectProfile/Roassal2/main/ --- cache

PPParser>>visualizeStructureInGraphOn: (ROLine is Undeclared)
PPParser>>visualizeStructureInGraphOn: (ROArrow is Undeclared)
PPParser>>visualizeStructureInGraphOn: (ROLayoutEnd is Undeclared)
PPParser>>visualizeStructureInGraphOn: (ROFocusView is Undeclared)
GLMParameterizableExamplesBrowser>>compose(browser is shadowed)
GLMMagrittePersonExample>>descriptionAddress (MAStringDescription is Undeclared)
GLMMagrittePersonExample>>descriptionName (MAStringDescription is Undeclared)
        Loaded -> CollectionExtensions-TudorGirba.40 ---

Re: Can anyone provide me with clear, complete, and detailed instructions for loading PetitParser into Pharo 3.0?

Jan Vrany
Hi Richard,

On Thu, 2014-10-30 at 10:15 -0700, Richard Sargent wrote:

> kurs.jan wrote
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Sorry for a late reply, here is the latest status with PetitParser and
> > Pharo (tested on Pharo3):
> >
> > "Configuration should be loaded like this:"
> > Gofer new smalltalkhubUser: 'Moose' project: 'PetitParser';
> >     configurationOf: #PetitParser; load.
> >
> > "Minimal set of parsers to use petit parser:"
> > ConfigurationOfPetitParser project stableVersion load: 'Core'.
> > ConfigurationOfPetitParser project stableVersion load: 'Tests'.
> >
> > "All the petit parser suite:"
> > ConfigurationOfPetitParser loadDevelopment.
> >
> > Please, let me know if you have any issues/requirements.
>
> Thank you, Jan! That worked perfectly.
>
> I did notice a large number of warnings and errors in the Transcript. Many
> of them we resolved later in the loading, just being load order
> dependencies. But many of them appear to be genuine errors. Are they
> expected?

By coincidence, we're working with Jan on some new PetitParser stuff
and I bumped into this too and already complained about this
(privately). So yes, this i known bug.

It will be fixed soonish, I believe in a week or two, as this
is a show stopper for me (our compiler does not allow undeclared
variables).

Best, (other) Jan