Can not create/start stone with 3.5.0

GLASS mailing list
I updated my GsDevKit_home, but was not able to create/start a stone
from my Linux Mint 19. I get the following error message - always. The stone is running and the NetLdi is also running.

Any ideas ?

Marten

starting netldi test35

Error running shell command: '/home/mf/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/test35/product/bin/startnetldi'
with args:
-l
/home/mf/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/test35/logs/netldi.log
-g
-a
mf
test35_ldi
STDOUT: 'startnetldi[Info]: GemStone version ''3.5.0''
startnetldi[Info]: Server ''test35_ldi'' is already running.
'
STDERR: Error: Shell command: '/home/mf/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/test35/product/bin/startnetldi' failed.
GsDevKitStartnetldiCommandLineHandler class(Object)>>error:
GsDevKitStartnetldiCommandLineHandler class(GsDevKitAbstractCommandLineHandler class)>>runShellCommand:args:noError:
GsDevKitStartnetldiCommandLineHandler(GsDevKitAbstractCommandLineHandler)>>runShellCommand:args:
GsDevKitStartnetldiCommandLineHandler>>activate
GsDevKitStartnetldiCommandLineHandler class(CommandLineHandler class)>>activateWith:
PharoCommandLineHandler(BasicCommandLineHandler)>>activateSubCommand: in Block: [ aCommandLinehandler activateWith: commandLine ]
BlockClosure>>on:do:
PharoCommandLineHandler(BasicCommandLineHandler)>>activateSubCommand:
PharoCommandLineHandler(BasicCommandLineHandler)>>handleSubcommand
PharoCommandLineHandler(BasicCommandLineHandler)>>handleArgument:
PharoCommandLineHandler(BasicCommandLineHandler)>>activate in Block: [ self handleArgument: (self arguments ifEmpty: [ ...etc...
BlockClosure>>on:do:
PharoCommandLineHandler(BasicCommandLineHandler)>>activate
PharoCommandLineHandler>>activate
PharoCommandLineHandler class(CommandLineHandler class)>>activateWith:
PharoCommandLineHandler class>>activateWith: in Block: [ super activateWith: aCommandLine ]
WorldState>>runStepMethodsIn:
WorldMorph>>runStepMethods
WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
WorldState>>doOneCycleFor:
WorldMorph>>doOneCycle
MorphicUIManager>>spawnNewProcess in Block: [ ...
BlockClosure>>newProcess in Block: [ ...
Error on or near line 99 :: devKitCommandLine startnetldi test35 :: devKitCommandLine startnetldi test35
Error on or near line 73 :: startNetldi test35 :: startNetldi test35
Error on or near line 212 :: createStone -g test35 3.5.0 :: createStone -g test35 3.5.0

Re: Can not create/start stone with 3.5.0

GLASS mailing list

Marten,

I assume that you used:

updateGsDevKit -g

as I had recommended when 3.5.0 came out? Well, my instructions were not quite right, I should have recommended:

updateGsDevKit -gd

The devKitCommandLine image needed to be updated as well as the bash scripts.

Dale

On 7/12/19 6:37 AM, Marten Feldtmann via Glass wrote:
[...]

Hello Dale,

thanks - that was it ...

Marten

Dale Henrichs via Glass <[hidden email]> hat am 12. Juli 2019 um 18:58 geschrieben: