Can not find StRootComponent

Dalarna Ors
Hi,

I try the  tutorial for Seaside.

Following text
"Here you can see every component that returns true in the #canBeRoot method. Look at the drop down list and choose StRootComponent. Just ignore the rest of the configuration view—necessary parts will be described later on."

My problem is that StRootComponent is not in the dropdown list.
I have test with 3.0 and newest version.

Any clue why ?

//Dalarna

Re: Can not find StRootComponent

Johan Brichau-2
Hi,

You are probably following a tutorial for Seaside 2.8
Check out the following tutorials for Seaside 3.x:

- http://www.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/seaside/tutorial
- http://book.seaside.st

Hope this helps
Johan

On 22 Feb 2014, at 12:52, Dalarna Ors <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try the  tutorial for Seaside.
>

> Following text
> "Here you can see every component that returns true in the #canBeRoot method. Look at the drop down list and choose StRootComponent. Just ignore the rest of the configuration view—necessary parts will be described later on."
>
> My problem is that StRootComponent is not in the dropdown list.
> I have test with 3.0 and newest version.
>
> Any clue why ?
>
> //Dalarna

Re: Can not find StRootComponent

Tobias Pape

On 22.02.2014, at 12:52, Dalarna Ors <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try the  tutorial for Seaside.
>

> Following text
> "Here you can see every component that returns true in the #canBeRoot method. Look at the drop down list and choose StRootComponent. Just ignore the rest of the configuration view—necessary parts will be described later on."
>
> My problem is that StRootComponent is not in the dropdown list.
> I have test with 3.0 and newest version.
So have you installed the MCZ from the tutorial web site?
Also, can you see the StRootComponent class in your image?

Best
        -Tobias

signature.asc (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Can not find StRootComponent

Dalarna Ors

I run the correct Tutorial :(

//Dal.

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 1:14 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

You are probably following a tutorial for Seaside 2.8
Check out the following tutorials for Seaside 3.x:

- http://www.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/seaside/tutorial
- http://book.seaside.st

Hope this helps
Johan

On 22 Feb 2014, at 12:52, Dalarna Ors <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try the  tutorial for Seaside.
>

> Following text
> "Here you can see every component that returns true in the #canBeRoot method. Look at the drop down list and choose StRootComponent. Just ignore the rest of the configuration view—necessary parts will be described later on."
>
> My problem is that StRootComponent is not in the dropdown list.
> I have test with 3.0 and newest version.
>
> Any clue why ?
>
> //Dalarna

Re: Can not find StRootComponent

Johan Brichau-2
Sorry, my mistake...
I was under the wrong assumption that StRootComponent was something from a 2.8 tutorial

On 22 Feb 2014, at 13:17, Dalarna Ors <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I run the correct Tutorial :(
>
> //Dal.
>

> On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 1:14 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You are probably following a tutorial for Seaside 2.8
> Check out the following tutorials for Seaside 3.x:
>
> - http://www.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/seaside/tutorial
> - http://book.seaside.st
>
> Hope this helps
> Johan
>
> On 22 Feb 2014, at 12:52, Dalarna Ors <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I try the  tutorial for Seaside.
> >

> > Following text
> > "Here you can see every component that returns true in the #canBeRoot method. Look at the drop down list and choose StRootComponent. Just ignore the rest of the configuration view—necessary parts will be described later on."
> >
> > My problem is that StRootComponent is not in the dropdown list.
> > I have test with 3.0 and newest version.
> >
> > Any clue why ?
> >
> > //Dalarna

Re: Can not find StRootComponent

Dalarna Ors

and 3.0.0 url existing in the tutorial

//Dal

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 22.02.2014, at 12:52, Dalarna Ors <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try the  tutorial for Seaside.
>

> Following text
> "Here you can see every component that returns true in the #canBeRoot method. Look at the drop down list and choose StRootComponent. Just ignore the rest of the configuration view—necessary parts will be described later on."
>
> My problem is that StRootComponent is not in the dropdown list.
> I have test with 3.0 and newest version.

So have you installed the MCZ from the tutorial web site?
Also, can you see the StRootComponent class in your image?

Best
        -Tobias

Re: Can not find StRootComponent

Dalarna Ors

I can see StRootComponent in my class.
I also canBeRoot to true.

//Dal

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 22.02.2014, at 12:52, Dalarna Ors <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try the  tutorial for Seaside.
>

> Following text
> "Here you can see every component that returns true in the #canBeRoot method. Look at the drop down list and choose StRootComponent. Just ignore the rest of the configuration view—necessary parts will be described later on."
>
> My problem is that StRootComponent is not in the dropdown list.
> I have test with 3.0 and newest version.

So have you installed the MCZ from the tutorial web site?
Also, can you see the StRootComponent class in your image?

Best
        -Tobias

Re: Can not find StRootComponent

Dalarna Ors

Hi,

screenshot.25.jpg (400K) Download Attachment

Re: Can not find StRootComponent

Johan Brichau-2
#canBeRoot should be implemented on the class side

On 22 Feb 2014, at 13:25, Dalarna Ors <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 1:22 PM, Dalarna Ors <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can see StRootComponent in my class.
> I also canBeRoot to true.
>
> //Dal
>

> On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 22.02.2014, at 12:52, Dalarna Ors <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I try the  tutorial for Seaside.
> >

> > Following text
> > "Here you can see every component that returns true in the #canBeRoot method. Look at the drop down list and choose StRootComponent. Just ignore the rest of the configuration view—necessary parts will be described later on."
> >
> > My problem is that StRootComponent is not in the dropdown list.
> > I have test with 3.0 and newest version.
>
> So have you installed the MCZ from the tutorial web site?
> Also, can you see the StRootComponent class in your image?
>
> Best
>         -Tobias

Re: Can not find StRootComponent

Dalarna Ors
Hi,
Johan thank you.
Sorry my newbie mistake ...

//Dal

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
#canBeRoot should be implemented on the class side

On 22 Feb 2014, at 13:25, Dalarna Ors <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 1:22 PM, Dalarna Ors <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can see StRootComponent in my class.
> I also canBeRoot to true.
>
> //Dal
>

> On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 22.02.2014, at 12:52, Dalarna Ors <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I try the  tutorial for Seaside.
> >

> > Following text
> > "Here you can see every component that returns true in the #canBeRoot method. Look at the drop down list and choose StRootComponent. Just ignore the rest of the configuration view—necessary parts will be described later on."
> >
> > My problem is that StRootComponent is not in the dropdown list.
> > I have test with 3.0 and newest version.
>
> So have you installed the MCZ from the tutorial web site?
> Also, can you see the StRootComponent class in your image?
>
> Best
>         -Tobias

Re: Can not find StRootComponent

Johan Brichau-2