Can pharo association web page point to association.pharo.org, like the consortium one?

Can pharo association web page point to association.pharo.org, like the consortium one?

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hi,

I just received a mail telling me some password and login information
and telling me to go to https://pharo.wildapricot.org/, but that domain
seem suspicious to me, so I went to the consortium and association which
are subdomains of Pharo. First one works well, but second is a
redirection to the previous link. In this time of page defacement, could
we have the subdomain of the association not redirected to another domain?

Cheers,

Offray

Re: Can pharo association web page point to association.pharo.org, like the consortium one?

EstebanLM
it is correct,
just we still didn’t change the domain (to association.pharo.org) and we send the mail too early.

but you can trust that mail, is ours :)

Esteban

On 2 Nov 2016, at 17:40, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I just received a mail telling me some password and login information and telling me to go to https://pharo.wildapricot.org/, but that domain seem suspicious to me, so I went to the consortium and association which are subdomains of Pharo. First one works well, but second is a redirection to the previous link. In this time of page defacement, could we have the subdomain of the association not redirected to another domain?

Cheers,

Offray

Re: Can pharo association web page point to association.pharo.org, like the consortium one?

Marcus Denker-4
Hi,

yes, mistake to send out the emails to early. On the TODO:
-> Get SSL cert so always our domain is shown
-> Sort out some strange problem with SPF record in DNS.

After that it will be fully operational. The system itself will not change, so if e.g. someone wants
to join, you can do that already now.

Marcus

On 2 Nov 2016, at 17:58, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Current Status:

- SPF record DONE, mails are now send from @association.pharo.org
- DNS setup now uses association.pharo.org for normal viewing, just forms forward to https://pharo.wildapricot.org
This will change as soon as the SSL certificate setup is completed, which will be next week.

Else the website is fully working, all members have been added.

Marcus

On 5 Nov 2016, at 12:31, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Current Status:

- SPF record DONE, mails are now send from @association.pharo.org
- DNS setup now uses association.pharo.org for normal viewing, just forms forward to https://pharo.wildapricot.org
This will change as soon as the SSL certificate setup is completed, which will be next week.

SSL setup is DONE.

The site is now fully operational.

Marcus

Re: Can pharo association web page point to association.pharo.org, like the consortium one?

Tudor Girba-2
Great work, Marcus!

This type of work often goes unnoticed and under appreciated. But, it is acts like this that make Pharo more than a language, environment or even code. Pharo is a community. A way of working. Pharo is a project.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com