Can't merge Aida 6.0 over Aida6.0 beta 2

Can't merge Aida 6.0 over Aida6.0 beta 2

Herbert König
Hi,

taking a fresh image and loading the three mcz for 6.0 beta2 works
fine. As I have made changes I want to merge 6.0.

The message is that the ancestor (beta2) can't be found.

This was in Squeak 3.8

In Squeak 3.10 Monticello doesn't even see Aida6.0.mcz. I reloaded it
freshly from Squeaksource, same result.

still states beta 2 as the current version.

Any hints?

Cheers,

Herbert                          mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Can't merge Aida 6.0 over Aida6.0 beta 2

Nicholas Moore
Herbert,

I also found that Mozilla does not see Aida6.0.mcz - strange.
Like you, a fresh install on a new image works, but that is not convenient.

I installed into a fresh image and than saved aida6.0 to my repository.

After loading my saved version of 6.0 into my working image, I can view static pages okay, but if I try to log in as admin I get an error associated with the context:
WebContextFirst >> signal
        self semaphore signal
         .... fails because semaphore is nil.

Janko, any suggestions?

Nicholas

http://nm.local:57585/admin.html?view=login&aidaCtx=40719
This was in Squeak 3.8

In Squeak 3.10 Monticello doesn't even see Aida6.0.mcz. I reloaded it
freshly from Squeaksource, same result.

still states beta 2 as the current version.

Any hints?

Cheers,

Herbert                          [hidden email]

NJM TSR-i

Nicholas J Moore
Limoges
France

Re: Can't merge Aida 6.0 over Aida6.0 beta 2

Janko Mivšek
Hi Herbert,

It seems that this problem is now solved, just load Aida6.0-final.1000.mcz.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Can't merge Aida 6.0 over Aida6.0 beta 2

Herbert König
Hi Janko,

JM> It seems that this problem is now solved, just load Aida6.0-final.1000.mcz.

so I did the merge and the merging worked just fine by manually
editing the conflicting methods to accommodate my and your changes and
rejecting the change in MC's merge browser. Would have been less
clumsy if I could have done it in MC :-))

So I'm now using current Aida, thanks!

This broke my app due to the fact that DefaultWebStyle>>htmlHeaderElements
now reads: self app context page addMetaDescription
instead of self app addMetaDescription

I use my own WebStyle with my own meta information so I overwrote that
method.

For the same reason my own two ensureJavascriptFor... methods broke.

For the same reason AidaCharts would break. I'll update it today.

Dunno about Scribo, don't use it.

Regarding that change WebRichEditor>>ensureJavascriptForEditor...
does not follow this rule but it only reads:
page := self context page. (no app)

Is this ok or did it slip thru? I don't use RichEditor.