Can't run Clock sample!

Lito Steel
Hello Mike:
Can’t run the Clock Sample…
Lots of “did not understand: ‘xxxx’” messages
What can i do?

I use Gtk without problems.
Can do many programs wth Gtk.

What is happening?
What do you thing?

'Invalid argument did not understand #matched: must be
a Boolean'
'did not understand #copyReplacingAllRegex:with:'
'did not understand #copyReplacingAllRegex:with:'
'did not understand #=~'
'did not understand #matched'
'Invalid argument did not understand #matched: must be
a Boolean'
Object: XLib error: did not understand #XOpenDisplay:
XLib class(Object)>>#primError:
MessageNotUnderstood(Exception)>>#defaultAction
optimized [] in Exception class>>#coreException
MessageNotUnderstood(Signal)>>#activateHandler:
MessageNotUnderstood(Exception)>>#signal
XLib class(Object)>>#doesNotUnderstand:
ClockApplet class(Applet class)>>#initialize
ClockApplet(Applet)>>#initialize
ClockApplet class(Applet class)>>#new
UndefinedObject>>#executeStatements

This is the command line i used:
gst -gI myimage.im clock.st

Bye and thanks again!

Re: Can't run Clock sample!

Paolo Bonzini
Lito Steel wrote:

> Hello Mike:
> Can’t run the Clock Sample…
> Lots of “did not understand: ‘xxxx’” messages
> What can i do?
>
> I use Gtk without problems.
> Can do many programs wth Gtk.
>
> What is happening?
> What do you thing?

Your image does not include the Regex package.

Paolo

Re: Can't run Clock sample!

Mike Anderson-3
Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> Lito Steel wrote:
>
>> Hello Mike:
>> Can’t run the Clock Sample…
>> Lots of “did not understand: ‘xxxx’” messages
>> What can i do?
>>
>> I use Gtk without problems.
>> Can do many programs wth Gtk.
>>
>> What is happening?
>> What do you thing?
>>

> Your image does not include the Regex package.

I think it's actually because he has an unpatched gst-2.2, and so he
can't load libcairo.so. It was stupid of me to forget that.

Lito, the simplest solution is to patch gst using the patch Paolo
provided earlier. I've amended the page to show what is required
(including the patch itself). If you don't have the autotools installed
on your system (and you don't want to install them), I can probably
separate out the changed files for you.

Mike