Can't use <Enter> key to select notifier action

Can't use <Enter> key to select notifier action

Daniel Klein
When a notifier pops up, you can tab (or shift-tab) to the Proceed/Abandon/Debug/Create buttons at the top of the window. However, when the one you want is highlighted, I would like to be able to just press the to execute it, but you have to actually click on it. Is there a configuration setting to affect this behavior?

Re: Can't use <Enter> key to select notifier action

Schwab,Wilhelm K
I would not bother with a preference on this.  Correctly handling enter will not interfere with clicking, so the fix should not offend anyone (right???).

Bill

When a notifier pops up, you can tab (or shift-tab) to the Proceed/Abandon/Debug/Create buttons at the top of the window. However, when the one you want is highlighted, I would like to be able to just press the to execute it, but you have to actually click on it. Is there a configuration setting to affect this behavior?

Re: Can't use <Enter> key to select notifier action

Mariano Martinez Peck

2009/12/20 danklein <[hidden email]>
When a notifier pops up, you can tab (or shift-tab) to the Proceed/Abandon/Debug/Create buttons at the top of the window. However, when the one you want is highlighted, I would like to be able to just press the to execute it, but you have to actually click on it. Is there a configuration setting to affect this behavior?

It works with the space key, but not to the enter key. I remember a similar "issue" that Gary solve. It let us use the enter key instead of the space key in some cases, for example when you save a method with an undeclared variable and it gives you the options....I couldn't find it in my mails....

gary do you remember ?

Cheers,

Mariano

Re: Can't use <Enter> key to select notifier action

Gary Chambers-4
Sorry for delay, away for xmas!

Having played around with a few OSes perhaps we should allow the enter key when a button has keyboard focus. For dialogs, where no button has keyboard focus, the default button should be activated (barring any specifc use of enter in the morph that has keyboard focus).

Regards, Gary

Re: Can't use <Enter> key to select notifier action

Stéphane Ducasse
You are the boss for that.
Let us know.