Can we halt on memory growth beyond a limit?

Can we halt on memory growth beyond a limit?

Paul DeBruicker
I'm trying to get some understanding about a process that uses a lot of RAM when it runs.

Is there a way to halt if/when RAM use doubles ?

Thanks

Paul

Re: Can we halt on memory growth beyond a limit?

Clément Béra
Hi,

You can start the VM with this parameter:

 --memory <size>[mk]    use fixed heap size (added to image size)

When the memory is reached you have an out of memory error.

Check --help on the VM.

--
Clément Béra
Pharo consortium engineer
Bâtiment B 40, avenue Halley 59650 Villeneuve d'Ascq

Re: Can we halt on memory growth beyond a limit?

Ben Coman

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 4:15 AM, PAUL DEBRUICKER <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm trying to get some understanding about a process that uses a lot of RAM when it runs.

Is there a way to halt if/when RAM use doubles ?

Thanks

Paul

I don't know, but just to clarify, you are wanting in in-Image flag to use as a breakpoint in your application code?

cheers -ben