Canadian Smalltalk Competition

1 message Options

Canadian Smalltalk Competition

Ben Coman
Richard Eng visited the Pharo community a while ago being very enthusiastic about his Smalltalk Renaissance project.  His strategy didn't end up fitting the community, but I find his kickstarter to run a Smalltalk coding competition for secondary students interesting.  Apart from straight altruism to support it, providing a wide exposure of students to the concept of Smalltalk just before they enter university should generate some spillover to our communities. A rising tide lifts all ships.  And community networking is a funny thing, some of those students will have parents in strategic positions who would never otherwise be exposed to Smalltalk.  Its worth considering....

cheers -ben