"Cancelled Timeout" message box on NT 4.0 - after having quit Dolphin

"Cancelled Timeout" message box on NT 4.0 - after having quit Dolphin

Ken Lee
Friends,

After leaving Dolphin development image or my Dolphin app (I'm not sure
which is the source of the problem), I get an error message from NT 4.0 in
the form of a dialog box with the following label and text. It takes 10 or
so minutes before appearing.

label: "Dolphin.exe - Cancel Timeout"

text: "The driver \Driver\sb16snd failed to complete a cancelled I/O request
in the allotted time."

Looking in the NT Task Manager, there is still a process running with the
name Dolphin.exe

Anyone else get this or know what the problem is ?

Best wishes,

Ken Lee

Re: "Cancelled Timeout" message box on NT 4.0 - after having quit Dolphin

Christopher J. Demers
Ken Lee <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:923cok$6574b$[hidden email]...
> Friends,
>
> After leaving Dolphin development image or my Dolphin app (I'm not sure
> which is the source of the problem), I get an error message from NT 4.0 in
> label: "Dolphin.exe - Cancel Timeout"
>
> text: "The driver \Driver\sb16snd failed to complete a cancelled I/O
request
> in the allotted time."

This sounds like something to do with your sound card.  Dolphin 4.0 now
makes sounds when you snapshot your image.  Does your sound system generally
work?

I do not get this error on any of my systems (NT, 2K or ME).  I suspect that
something may be wrong with your sound card configuration.

Chris

Re: "Cancelled Timeout" message box on NT 4.0 - after having quit Dolphin

Ken Lee
Chris -

> > label: "Dolphin.exe - Cancel Timeout"
> >
> > text: "The driver \Driver\sb16snd failed to complete a cancelled I/O
> request
> > in the allotted time."
> >

> This sounds like something to do with your sound card.  Dolphin 4.0
now
> makes sounds when you snapshot your image.  Does your sound system
generally
> work?

Interesting !

I have no problem with the sound card, as far as I can tell. It does
play the nice Dolphin "snapshot" sound whenever I save the image. And of
course, it serves me well and plays music and other sound clips just
fine.

I do find it odd that the Dolphin.exe process is still resident in NT
long after the image has been shut down.

Best wishes,

Ken Lee