Cannot accept a method in debugger

Nicolas Cellier
Hi,
in trunk image, I've been unable to accept a method in debugger. It barked about Process stack (but cannot remember the exact message), or maybe was it:

    'aContext not in process chain'

I could restart once from upper level, but the next time I modified a method in the debugger and attempted a restart, the debugger freezed.
So I've hit ALT+CMD+.
and I've got an error like:

    The active process cannot pop context...

Then hundreds of windows with:

    Error (Object)>> doesNotUnderstand #contextStack

Mphhh, sorry for the vague description, I don't know if I can recover the state of this image so as to be more specific (its a multi hours computation failure... and now a multi-minutes 'close all window like this' in progress...).

Re: Cannot accept a method in debugger

Nicolas Cellier

Le dim. 9 déc. 2018 à 11:34, Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi,
in trunk image, I've been unable to accept a method in debugger. It barked about Process stack (but cannot remember the exact message), or maybe was it:

    'aContext not in process chain'

I could restart once from upper level, but the next time I modified a method in the debugger and attempted a restart, the debugger freezed.
So I've hit ALT+CMD+.
and I've got an error like:

    The active process cannot pop context...

Then hundreds of windows with:

    Error (Object)>> doesNotUnderstand #contextStack

Mphhh, sorry for the vague description, I don't know if I can recover the state of this image so as to be more specific (its a multi hours computation failure... and now a multi-minutes 'close all window like this' in progress...).

Nah, can't recover... Interrupting the 'close all window like this' with CMD+SHIFT+. leads to hundreds of window with:

    Error: Instances of UndefinedObject are not indexable

with single line of Context: UndefinedObject(Object)>>error:
huh, and now the UI is frozen, and at this point, I'll just kill the image without ability to reproduce.

But there's something fishy

Re: Cannot accept a method in debugger

Chris Muller-3
I never seem to remember the time when it happens either but, I believe

  kill SIGUSR1

should print all stacks somewhere (stderr or stdout probably).

 - Chris