Cannot create personal repository

lhhuong
This post was updated on .
Hi everybody, I want to create a personal store repository using sqlite3.
I installed sqlite3 and created a database file named: "store.db"

In visualworks, I run the command: "Store.DbRegistry installDatabaseTables" and filled something:
environment: store.db
username:
password:

I receiced an error: "External object not found"

I am using Ubuntu 14.04.

What should I do?

Thanks advanced

Re: Cannot create personal repository

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
You'll need to make sure the sqlite library is accessible to the VM; it's simplest to just download one of the pre-compiled binaries from https://www.sqlite.org/download.html and placing them into the same directory where you .im file is.

HTH,

-Boris
DeepCove Labs

<http://forum.world.st/file/n4816124/38.png>

What should I do?

Thanks advanced

Re: Cannot create personal repository

Tom Robinson-4
"External object not found" likely means that either you don't have
SQLite3 installed or VisualWorks can't find it.  You can find the places
that VisualWorks looks for the SQLite3 library on the definition of
SQLite3Interface in the SQLite3EXDI package....If your library is
located in a different place, you can either move it, or add an entry to
the libraryFiles or libraryDirectories entries in the class definition.

On 3/30/15 9:16 AM, lhhuong wrote:

> Hi everybody, I want to create a personal store repository using sqlite3.
> I installed sqlite3 and created a database file named: "store.db"
>
> In visualworks, I run the command: "Store.DbRegistry installDatabaseTables"
> and filled something:
> environment: store.db
> username:
> password:
>
> I receiced an error: "External object not found"
> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4816124/38.png>
>
> What should I do?
>
> Thanks advanced

Re: Cannot create personal repository

Li, Yuwei
Another way to make the library accessible to VW is to include the folder containing the library to your environment variable (e.g., PATH on windows).

"External object not found" likely means that either you don't have
SQLite3 installed or VisualWorks can't find it.  You can find the places that VisualWorks looks for the SQLite3 library on the definition of SQLite3Interface in the SQLite3EXDI package....If your library is located in a different place, you can either move it, or add an entry to the libraryFiles or libraryDirectories entries in the class definition.

On 3/30/15 9:16 AM, lhhuong wrote:

> Hi everybody, I want to create a personal store repository using sqlite3.
> I installed sqlite3 and created a database file named: "store.db"
>
> In visualworks, I run the command: "Store.DbRegistry installDatabaseTables"
> and filled something:
> environment: store.db
> username:
> password:
>
> I receiced an error: "External object not found"
> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4816124/38.png>
>
> What should I do?
>
> Thanks advanced

Re: Cannot create personal repository

lhhuong
Thank all, I added an environment and it works.
Thank you very much.