Cannot execute a leaf node

GLASS mailing list
I’ve just installed GS3.3.4 and seaside 3.2 from SeasideSt on github (rather than the GsDevKit/Seaside31).

I then mounted the GsDevKit_home/etc/GsDevKit_seaside31/bin in tODE and went to register a seaside server and got the following error:

tode 1 > seaside/seasideWebServer --register=zinc --port=8383
Topez ERROR: a TodeCommandError occurred (error 121000), Cannot execute a leaf node

I have a previous installation of 3.3.3 in the same GsDevKit and the scripts are working. I’m not sure what I’ve done differently and any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Cannot execute a leaf node

GLASS mailing list
Jupiter,

I'd like to see a stack from this to get my bearings. Use the builtIn
`debugMode` to get a debugger on the command error:

   debugMode --set

`debugMode --clear` will go back to the original setting.

Dale

On 09/29/2017 08:16 PM, Jupiter Jones via Glass wrote:

> I’ve just installed GS3.3.4 and seaside 3.2 from SeasideSt on github (rather than the GsDevKit/Seaside31).
>
> I then mounted the GsDevKit_home/etc/GsDevKit_seaside31/bin in tODE and went to register a seaside server and got the following error:
>
> tode 1 > seaside/seasideWebServer --register=zinc --port=8383
> Topez ERROR: a TodeCommandError occurred (error 121000), Cannot execute a leaf node
>
> I have a previous installation of 3.3.3 in the same GsDevKit and the scripts are working. I’m not sure what I’ve done differently and any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Cannot execute a leaf node

GLASS mailing list
Jupiter,

Here's the source for TDFileSystemLeafNode>>block

   block
   ^ (self name endsWith: self stonFileExtension)
     ifTrue: [
       [ self asTDLeafNode block ]
         on: STONReaderError
         do: [ :ex | super block ] ]
     ifFalse: [ super block ].

and from the stack you are calling TDLeafNode>>block from
TDFileSystemLeafNode>>block. According to `break steps
TDFileSystemLeafNode>>block`, step point 9 is the second call, implying
that the name does not end with `.ston`, so going to frame 6 and seeing
the value of the name instance variable will get us one step closer to
figuring out what might be going wrong here ...

BTW, I originally thought that the seasideWebServer was intended to be
used with 3.2, but I installed 3.2 and was able to run the script and
launch a web server, so that is not the issue ..

  Dale

On 10/2/17 3:25 PM, Jupiter Jones wrote:

> Hi Dale,
>
>> I'd like to see a stack from this to get my bearings. Use the builtIn `debugMode` to get a debugger on the command error:
> TodeCommandError: Cannot execute a leaf node
> --------------------
> 1. TodeCommandError(AbstractException)>>_signalWith: @6 line 25
> 2. TodeCommandError(AbstractException)>>signal: @3 line 7
> 3. TodeCommandError class(AbstractException class)>>signal: @3 line 4
> 4. TDFileSystemLeafNode(TDNode)>>error: @2 line 2
> 5. TDFileSystemLeafNode(TDLeafNode)>>block @2 line 2
> 6. TDFileSystemLeafNode>>block @9 line 7
> 7. TDTopezServer>>evaluateCommand:objIn: @11 line 10
> 8. TDTopezServer>>evaluateSTONCommand: @10 line 6
> 9. Executed Code
> 10. GsNMethod class>>_gsReturnToC @1 line 1
>

> TDFileSystemLeafNode(TDLeafNode)>>block @2 line 2
> --------------------
> .         -> TDFileSystemLeafNode(TDLeafNode)>>block @2 line 2
> (context) -> aGsNMethod
> (self)    -> /sys/stone/home/seaside/seasideWebServer
> .t1       -> /sys/stone/home/seaside/seasideWebServer
> .t2       -> 'Cannot execute a leaf node'
>
> I don’t know how to get a more detailed stack for printing, so let me know if you need more :)

>> On 09/29/2017 08:16 PM, Jupiter Jones via Glass wrote:
>>> I’ve just installed GS3.3.4 and seaside 3.2 from SeasideSt on github (rather than the GsDevKit/Seaside31).
>>>
>>> I then mounted the GsDevKit_home/etc/GsDevKit_seaside31/bin in tODE and went to register a seaside server and got the following error:
>>>
>>> tode 1 > seaside/seasideWebServer --register=zinc --port=8383
>>> Topez ERROR: a TodeCommandError occurred (error 121000), Cannot execute a leaf node
>>>
>>> I have a previous installation of 3.3.3 in the same GsDevKit and the scripts are working. I’m not sure what I’ve done differently and any advice would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Cheers,

Re: Cannot execute a leaf node

GLASS mailing list
Hi Dale,

The name variable is ‘seasideWebServer’ so yes, it doesn’t end in .ston

Inspect TDFileSystemLeafNode>>block @9 line 7/sys/stone/home/seaside/seasideWebServer/
--------------------
.                 -> /sys/stone/home/seaside/seasideWebServer
..                -> /sys/stone/home/seaside/seasideWebServer
(class)@          -> TDFileSystemLeafNode
(oop)@            -> 389728257
builderAspect@    -> nil
contents@         -> aDirectoryEntry
creationTime@     -> nil
modificationTime@ -> nil
name@             -> 'seasideWebServer'
parent@           -> /sys/stone/home/seaside/
topez@            -> aTDTopezServer

The same script (seasideWebServer) is still working in my previous stone (3.3.3) and I’m pretty sure I mounted the node the same in both stones, so not sure what I did to cause the error.

Thanks again.

> On 5 Oct 2017, at 9:39 am, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Jupiter,
>
> Here's the source for TDFileSystemLeafNode>>block
>
>   block
>   ^ (self name endsWith: self stonFileExtension)
>     ifTrue: [
>       [ self asTDLeafNode block ]
>         on: STONReaderError
>         do: [ :ex | super block ] ]
>     ifFalse: [ super block ].
>
> and from the stack you are calling TDLeafNode>>block from TDFileSystemLeafNode>>block. According to `break steps TDFileSystemLeafNode>>block`, step point 9 is the second call, implying that the name does not end with `.ston`, so going to frame 6 and seeing the value of the name instance variable will get us one step closer to figuring out what might be going wrong here ...
>
> BTW, I originally thought that the seasideWebServer was intended to be used with 3.2, but I installed 3.2 and was able to run the script and launch a web server, so that is not the issue ..
>
>  Dale
>
> On 10/2/17 3:25 PM, Jupiter Jones wrote:
>> Hi Dale,
>>
>>> I'd like to see a stack from this to get my bearings. Use the builtIn `debugMode` to get a debugger on the command error:
>> TodeCommandError: Cannot execute a leaf node
>> --------------------
>> 1. TodeCommandError(AbstractException)>>_signalWith: @6 line 25
>> 2. TodeCommandError(AbstractException)>>signal: @3 line 7
>> 3. TodeCommandError class(AbstractException class)>>signal: @3 line 4
>> 4. TDFileSystemLeafNode(TDNode)>>error: @2 line 2
>> 5. TDFileSystemLeafNode(TDLeafNode)>>block @2 line 2
>> 6. TDFileSystemLeafNode>>block @9 line 7
>> 7. TDTopezServer>>evaluateCommand:objIn: @11 line 10
>> 8. TDTopezServer>>evaluateSTONCommand: @10 line 6
>> 9. Executed Code
>> 10. GsNMethod class>>_gsReturnToC @1 line 1
>>

>> TDFileSystemLeafNode(TDLeafNode)>>block @2 line 2
>> --------------------
>> .         -> TDFileSystemLeafNode(TDLeafNode)>>block @2 line 2
>> (context) -> aGsNMethod
>> (self)    -> /sys/stone/home/seaside/seasideWebServer
>> .t1       -> /sys/stone/home/seaside/seasideWebServer
>> .t2       -> 'Cannot execute a leaf node'
>>
>> I don’t know how to get a more detailed stack for printing, so let me know if you need more :)
>>
>> Cheers,

Re: Cannot execute a leaf node

GLASS mailing list
Jupiter,

I think I've finally figured this one out ... after re-reading your
original email for the nth time and rebuilding Seaside31 and Seaside32
for the second or third time, I finally noticed that you mounted
`GsDevKit_home/etc/GsDevKit_seaside31/bin` which is the directory with
bash scripts (no .ston extensions on the files) ... you should have
mounted `GsDevKit_home/etc/GsDevKit_seaside31/tode`which is the
directory with the tode scripts (and files with the .ston extension)...

Dale