Cannot generate sources without .sources

Cannot generate sources without .sources

Mariano Martinez Peck

I know that it may sound obvious for most of you, but spent half an hour trying to understand why

CogUnixConfig generateWithSources  was throwing a ""

Then I discovered that I was missing the .sources. I knew that, but I didn't know it was necesary to generate VM sources.

So...just for make newbie's like better...can we add a simpler validator in #generateWithSources that checks whether the .surces is present and if not raises a clear error saying "VM source code cannot be generated without .sources file".

cheers

Mariano

Re: Cannot generate sources without .sources

Igor Stasenko

On 31 March 2011 22:08, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know that it may sound obvious for most of you, but spent half an hour trying to understand why
>
> CogUnixConfig generateWithSources  was throwing a ""
>
> Then I discovered that I was missing the .sources. I knew that, but I didn't know it was necesary to generate VM sources.
>
> So...just for make newbie's like better...can we add a simpler validator in #generateWithSources that checks whether the .surces is present and if not raises a clear error saying "VM source code cannot be generated without .sources file".

Yes. Sources is needed because VMMaker parsing source code, and needs
variable names and other stuff.

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Cannot generate sources without .sources

Mariano Martinez Peck

Hi David, would you mind giving me access to commit in VMMaker? I find myself sending my changes to igor ;)

Igor, find attached a new version of CMMaker:

Name: CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.62
Author: MarianoMartinezPeck
Time: 3 April 2011, 12:10:48 pm
UUID: 8ad38e8f-96a3-4d04-8d9b-c90e15320dbd
Ancestors: CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.61

Add check for the .sources to be present.

Feel free to modify or improve it.

Cheers

Mariano

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.62.mcz (94K) Download Attachment

Re: Cannot generate sources without .sources

David T. Lewis

On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 12:12:56PM +0200, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi David, would you mind giving me access to commit in VMMaker? I find
> myself sending my changes to igor ;)

Thanks Mariano,

I added you as developer to SqS/VMMaker.

Dave

Re: Cannot generate sources without .sources

Mariano Martinez Peck

Thanks Dave. BTW, maybe you want to include that change (validation) also in VMMakerTool ?
Probably it can be improved, but the base idea is there I think.

Cheers

Mariano

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 6:03 PM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 12:12:56PM +0200, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi David, would you mind giving me access to commit in VMMaker? I find
> myself sending my changes to igor ;)

Thanks Mariano,

I added you as developer to SqS/VMMaker.

Dave

Re: Cannot generate sources without .sources

Igor Stasenko

Mariano, i uploaded your package to VMMaker repository.

@Esteban, please can you check and merge Mariano's update?
Because i'm not really understand why in his update he removing locale
plugin, while you just added it.

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Cannot generate sources without .sources

Mariano Martinez Peck

Thanks Igor.

I've just merged:

Name: CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.64
Author: MarianoMartinezPeck
Time: 4 April 2011, 9:30:39 am
UUID: a875b102-e12d-41ed-b1cb-cb70d2ae8532
Ancestors: CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.63

Merged CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.62 with CMakeVMMaker-EstebanLorenzano.61

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

On 4 April 2011 09:31, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Igor.
>
> I've just merged:
>
> Name: CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.64
> Author: MarianoMartinezPeck
> Time: 4 April 2011, 9:30:39 am
> UUID: a875b102-e12d-41ed-b1cb-cb70d2ae8532
> Ancestors: CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.63
>

> Merged CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.62 with CMakeVMMaker-EstebanLorenzano.61

Yes i noticed that.
I will update the configs and will run new builds after fixing a
Transcript issue, which prevents build system from working :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.