Cannot install Magma seasideHelper

Henrik Jegbjerg Hansen
Hi

I have tried and failed to install Magma seasideHelper.  I get the error
"download failed" when trying to install 2.8r40.32.  The problem seems to
be with MonticelloConfigurations 1.0.52.

I've tried in a new, clean developer image from seaside.st, as well as a
freshly installed squeak 3.10 image.

The problem is reproducible by opening package universe brower -> update
from net -> install latest version of Magma seasideHelper.

I am stuck here, and I would really like to try out the seasideHelper for
Magma.

Can anyone help?

--
Henrik Jegbjerg Hansen

Re: Cannot install Magma seasideHelper

keith1y
Henrik Jegbjerg Hansen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have tried and failed to install Magma seasideHelper.  I get the error
> "download failed" when trying to install 2.8r40.32.  The problem seems to
> be with MonticelloConfigurations 1.0.52.
>
> I've tried in a new, clean developer image from seaside.st, as well as a
> freshly installed squeak 3.10 image.
>
> The problem is reproducible by opening package universe brower -> update
> from net -> install latest version of Magma seasideHelper.
>
> I am stuck here, and I would really like to try out the seasideHelper for
> Magma.
>
> Can anyone help?

I will removed the dependency upon MonticelloConfigurations. Email me if
you still have problems.

Keith

Re: Cannot install Magma seasideHelper

Guillermo Sapaya

Keith Hodges <keith_hodges <at> yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Henrik Jegbjerg Hansen wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have tried and failed to install Magma seasideHelper.  I get the error
> > "download failed" when trying to install 2.8r40.32.  The problem seems to
> > be with MonticelloConfigurations 1.0.52.
> >
> > I've tried in a new, clean developer image from seaside.st, as well as a
> > freshly installed squeak 3.10 image.
> >
> > The problem is reproducible by opening package universe brower -> update
> > from net -> install latest version of Magma seasideHelper.
> >
> > I am stuck here, and I would really like to try out the seasideHelper for
> > Magma.
> >
> > Can anyone help?
> >
> I will removed the dependency upon MonticelloConfigurations. Email me if
> you still have problems.
>
> Keith

Hi Keith,

I had the same problem and now, when try to install Magma SeasideHelper
2.8.r40.33 get a "no installer handles" error while StreamsReadibility version
0.1 is being installed. This is trying to handle a file_download.php file.
Could you help me with this please?

Thanks in advance!

Guillermo Sapaya

Re: Re: Cannot install Magma seasideHelper

Henrik Jegbjerg Hansen

> Keith Hodges <keith_hodges <at> yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>

>> Henrik Jegbjerg Hansen wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I have tried and failed to install Magma seasideHelper.  I get the
>> error
>> > "download failed" when trying to install 2.8r40.32.  The problem seems
>> > be with MonticelloConfigurations 1.0.52.
>> >
>> > I've tried in a new, clean developer image from seaside.st, as well as
>> > freshly installed squeak 3.10 image.
>> >
>> > The problem is reproducible by opening package universe brower ->
>> update
>> > from net -> install latest version of Magma seasideHelper.
>> >
>> > I am stuck here, and I would really like to try out the seasideHelper
>> for
>> > Magma.
>> >
>> > Can anyone help?
>> >
>> I will removed the dependency upon MonticelloConfigurations. Email me if
>> you still have problems.
>>
>> Keith
>

> Hi Keith,
>
> I had the same problem and now, when try to install Magma SeasideHelper
> 2.8.r40.33 get a "no installer handles" error while StreamsReadibility
> version
> 0.1 is being installed. This is trying to handle a file_download.php file.
> Could you help me with this please?

Just to confirm -- I get the same error.

--
Henrik Jegbjerg Hansen

Re: Re: Cannot install Magma seasideHelper

keith1y

>> Hi Keith,
>>
>> I had the same problem and now, when try to install Magma SeasideHelper
>> 2.8.r40.33 get a "no installer handles" error while StreamsReadibility
>> version
>> 0.1 is being installed. This is trying to handle a file_download.php file.
>> Could you help me with this please?
>>

> Just to confirm -- I get the same error.

Ok we are making some progress.

Universes isn't very good at getting files from mantis. It used to work
for me, but something changed.

I tested using a 3.10.2 image.

Installer ss project: 'Installer'; install: 'Installer-Core'.
Installer ss project: 'universes'; install: 'Universes'.

Installer universe install: 'Magma seasideHelper'.

Please note that both Magma and Seaside have had some minor updates that
I havent caught up with, since this was posted

Keith

Keith Hodges <[hidden email]> writes:

>>> Hi Keith,
>>>
>>> I had the same problem and now, when try to install Magma SeasideHelper
>>> 2.8.r40.33 get a "no installer handles" error while StreamsReadibility
>>> version
>>> 0.1 is being installed. This is trying to handle a file_download.php file.
>>> Could you help me with this please?
>>>

>> Just to confirm -- I get the same error.
>>

> Ok we are making some progress.
>
> Universes isn't very good at getting files from mantis. It used to work
> for me, but something changed.
>
> I tested using a 3.10.2 image.
>
> Installer ss project: 'Installer'; install: 'Installer-Core'.
> Installer ss project: 'universes'; install: 'Universes'.
>
> Installer universe install: 'Magma seasideHelper'.
>
> Please note that both Magma and Seaside have had some minor updates that
> I havent caught up with, since this was posted

I can confirm that this installs without errors for me in the 3.9.8
seaside image from http://seaside.st.  Thanks for the effort, Keith!

At one point in the install, I get a warning though -- telling me that
Process is about to be redefined.  I just clicked proceed.  Is there a
problem here, or is this normal behaviour?

Re: Re: Cannot install Magma seasideHelper

keith1y

> At one point in the install, I get a warning though -- telling me that
> Process is about to be redefined.  I just clicked proceed.  Is there a
> problem here, or is this normal behaviour?

its normal, just that universes has no way of protecting you from such
interruptions even if they are expected. Sake/Packages does.

Keith