Cannot remove entry from Pool Dictionaries

Cannot remove entry from Pool Dictionaries

Sergei Gnezdov
At some point I created a pool dictionary and I cannot remove this entry.  I
removed all code which references pool dictionary.  I also uninstalled
package which used pool dictionary.

When I go to Pool Dictionaries select an item and use toolbar button to
remove an entry it goes away.
If I reopen Pool Dictionaries I still see this item.

Thank you

Re: Cannot remove entry from Pool Dictionaries

Ian Bartholomew-18
Sergei,

> At some point I created a pool dictionary and I cannot remove this entry.
> I removed all code which references pool dictionary.  I also uninstalled
> package which used pool dictionary.

Strange, that should have worked.  Try deleting the pool dictionary directly
by evaluating the following

Smalltalk removeKey: 'your pool dictionary name'

Remember that you will have to save the image to make this change stick or
else the next time the image is started the pool dictionary will still be
present.

> When I go to Pool Dictionaries select an item and use toolbar button to
> remove an entry it goes away.
> If I reopen Pool Dictionaries I still see this item.

That should work as well?.

Taking both of the above into account it does sound as if something odd may
have occurred with your pool dictionary - I've no idea what though.  If
removing the pool from the SystemDictionary doesn't work then I think it
might be wise to restart with a clean image.

Ian