Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cannot run Glorp Tests because "PostgreSQL is not yet supported under VA"

jtuchel
I am hunting for a bug in our program that is related to Glorp, or most likely, our misuse of it in...

Esteban brought up the idea of loking at some tests, which is a good idea and I wonder why I once again didn't think of it again.

So I found a few tests that use the method in question, and they are green. I tried running all Glorp Tests and got lots of red and yellow tests due to "PostgreSQL is not yet supported under VA".

I think this isn't true any more these days and the tests should be adapted to this.

I guess the problem here is (once again) that VADatabaseAccessor, which throws the error, is part of the base Glorp code and is more or less maintained by someone outside of Instantiations. So what would be needed is some way/meachanism of pushing changes upstream to Glorp.  Not sure who (c|sh)ould do something about this....

Any ideas?

Joachim

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/dec5540b-dacd-4370-9813-f931d1e0ca9dn%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cannot run Glorp Tests because "PostgreSQL is not yet supported under VA"

Bob Brodd
Hi Joachim,

The error message you refer to would occur if you tried to run with a PostgreSQL logon resource prior to VAST 9.2 as that is when PostgreSQL/Glorp support was added to VAST .  The message is created in  VADatabaseAccessor>>#connectionClassForLogin: .  What version of VAST are you testing with?

Bob

On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 2:27:15 AM UTC-4 [hidden email] wrote:
I am hunting for a bug in our program that is related to Glorp, or most likely, our misuse of it in...

Esteban brought up the idea of loking at some tests, which is a good idea and I wonder why I once again didn't think of it again.

So I found a few tests that use the method in question, and they are green. I tried running all Glorp Tests and got lots of red and yellow tests due to "PostgreSQL is not yet supported under VA".

I think this isn't true any more these days and the tests should be adapted to this.

I guess the problem here is (once again) that VADatabaseAccessor, which throws the error, is part of the base Glorp code and is more or less maintained by someone outside of Instantiations. So what would be needed is some way/meachanism of pushing changes upstream to Glorp.  Not sure who (c|sh)ould do something about this....

Any ideas?

Joachim

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/ee4b4a55-594f-4c18-88d3-a4fb441a8c0cn%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cannot run Glorp Tests because "PostgreSQL is not yet supported under VA"

jtuchel
Bob

thanks for answering. This is indeed not a problem of VAST. In a clean 9.2 image with Glorp and GlorpTests loaded, this doesn't happen.
I completely forgot I have this open itom on my to do list of porting my private glorp enhancements to the latest version of Glorp in VAST. When I moved to Vast 9.2, i upgraded everything but Glorp... So I am running on VAST 9.2 but with glorp from 9.1...

Sorry for wasting your time.

Joachim

Bob Brodd schrieb am Montag, 26. Oktober 2020 um 16:40:19 UTC+1:
Hi Joachim,

The error message you refer to would occur if you tried to run with a PostgreSQL logon resource prior to VAST 9.2 as that is when PostgreSQL/Glorp support was added to VAST .  The message is created in  VADatabaseAccessor>>#connectionClassForLogin: .  What version of VAST are you testing with?

Bob

On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 2:27:15 AM UTC-4 [hidden email] wrote:

Any ideas?

Joachim

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/395f255e-17ac-4d21-9913-71c138361383n%40googlegroups.com.