Cannot see source code

laurent laffont
Hi,

I will work on a legacy (legacy means no test) Java project for several weeks. Haven't done real Java for 10 years :)

So that's an opportunity for me to start learning/using Moose to dig into this project.

I've followed the Moose book with Moose 4.3 to create the .mse using infusion and then import it in Moose. This works, I can see models, blueprints, ....

When I select a  class in the Moose Panel, right-click Browse -> Source the Moose Code Browser opens, but the source code is never displayed. Any idea ?

Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs

Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: Cannot see source code

abergel
Ok. This is cool to see you on the list

Alexandre

On 14 Apr 2011, at 12:00, laurent laffont wrote:

> OK I found how to get the source code using JEAs Utilities > Try to fix file anchors
>
> Laurent.
>
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I will work on a legacy (legacy means no test) Java project for several weeks. Haven't done real Java for 10 years :)
>
> So that's an opportunity for me to start learning/using Moose to dig into this project.
>
> I've followed the Moose book with Moose 4.3 to create the .mse using infusion and then import it in Moose. This works, I can see models, blueprints, ....
>
> When I select a  class in the Moose Panel, right-click Browse -> Source the Moose Code Browser opens, but the source code is never displayed. Any idea ?
>
> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
>
> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Cannot see source code

Tudor Girba
Hi Laurent,

Nice to see you around here :).

Here is how to set the root folder:
http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/smalldude/root-folder

Cheers,
Doru

On 14 Apr 2011, at 18:00, laurent laffont wrote:

> OK I found how to get the source code using JEAs Utilities > Try to fix file anchors
>
> Laurent.
>
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I will work on a legacy (legacy means no test) Java project for several weeks. Haven't done real Java for 10 years :)
>
> So that's an opportunity for me to start learning/using Moose to dig into this project.
>
> I've followed the Moose book with Moose 4.3 to create the .mse using infusion and then import it in Moose. This works, I can see models, blueprints, ....
>
> When I select a  class in the Moose Panel, right-click Browse -> Source the Moose Code Browser opens, but the source code is never displayed. Any idea ?
>
> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
>
> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st

www.tudorgirba.com

"Yesterday is a fact.
 Tomorrow is a possibility.
 Today is a challenge."

Re: Cannot see source code

laurent laffont
On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 10:08 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Laurent,

Nice to see you around here :).

Here is how to set the root folder:
http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/smalldude/root-folder

Yes I've discoverd it just after.

May be you should talk about this root folder in section 4.3 ?

Some feedback from a Moose newbie after using it a couple of hours so may be stupid remarks:
- Moose panel buttons don't have hint / help when the mouse is over
- I would like a legend explaining width / size / colors / layers in blueprint (yes it's in the book but it would be easier to see it directly in the blueprint)
- Famix*Group panes are not alphabetically sorted. For example on my project there's 138 namespaces, 630 model classes, hard to look at it.
- When I select groups by entering a Smalltalk expression in the bottom field (like '*unimarc*' match: self name asLowercase) it opens another Group panel. May be nicer to stay in the same and show only matching elements.
- For me it's hard to distinguish little blue icons with C / M / N ... more colors ?
- Too many right clicks

Indeed it looks powerful. I'll try to learn to use it .

Cheers,

Laurent.

Cheers,
Doru

On 14 Apr 2011, at 18:00, laurent laffont wrote:

> OK I found how to get the source code using JEAs Utilities > Try to fix file anchors
>
> Laurent.
>
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I will work on a legacy (legacy means no test) Java project for several weeks. Haven't done real Java for 10 years :)
>
> So that's an opportunity for me to start learning/using Moose to dig into this project.
>
> I've followed the Moose book with Moose 4.3 to create the .mse using infusion and then import it in Moose. This works, I can see models, blueprints, ....
>
> When I select a  class in the Moose Panel, right-click Browse -> Source the Moose Code Browser opens, but the source code is never displayed. Any idea ?
>
> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
>
> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st

www.tudorgirba.com

"Yesterday is a fact.
 Tomorrow is a possibility.
 Today is a challenge."

Re: Cannot see source code

simondenier

On 14 avr. 2011, at 22:08, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi Laurent,
>
> Nice to see you around here :).
>
> Here is how to set the root folder:
> http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/smalldude/root-folder

I completely forgot this one. If you use the wizard, given that the source folder is chosen from a smalltalk window, it could be set automatically.

@Laurent we need to meet in Grenoble or Annecy :)

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 14 Apr 2011, at 18:00, laurent laffont wrote:
>
>> OK I found how to get the source code using JEAs Utilities > Try to fix file anchors
>>
>> Laurent.
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I will work on a legacy (legacy means no test) Java project for several weeks. Haven't done real Java for 10 years :)
>>
>> So that's an opportunity for me to start learning/using Moose to dig into this project.
>>
>> I've followed the Moose book with Moose 4.3 to create the .mse using infusion and then import it in Moose. This works, I can see models, blueprints, ....
>>
>> When I select a  class in the Moose Panel, right-click Browse -> Source the Moose Code Browser opens, but the source code is never displayed. Any idea ?
>>
>> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
>>
>> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
>> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
>> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Yesterday is a fact.
> Tomorrow is a possibility.
> Today is a challenge."

Simon Denier

Re: Cannot see source code

laurent laffont
On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 10:45 PM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 14 avr. 2011, at 22:08, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi Laurent,
>
> Nice to see you around here :).
>
> Here is how to set the root folder:
> http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/smalldude/root-folder

I completely forgot this one. If you use the wizard, given that the source folder is chosen from a smalltalk window, it could be set automatically.

@Laurent we need to meet in Grenoble or Annecy :)

Yes ! May be for a Moose coding-dojo with my local developer group ? http://cara74.seasidehosting.st/

Laurent

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 14 Apr 2011, at 18:00, laurent laffont wrote:
>
>> OK I found how to get the source code using JEAs Utilities > Try to fix file anchors
>>
>> Laurent.
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I will work on a legacy (legacy means no test) Java project for several weeks. Haven't done real Java for 10 years :)
>>
>> So that's an opportunity for me to start learning/using Moose to dig into this project.
>>
>> I've followed the Moose book with Moose 4.3 to create the .mse using infusion and then import it in Moose. This works, I can see models, blueprints, ....
>>
>> When I select a  class in the Moose Panel, right-click Browse -> Source the Moose Code Browser opens, but the source code is never displayed. Any idea ?
>>
>> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
>>
>> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
>> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
>> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Yesterday is a fact.
> Tomorrow is a possibility.
> Today is a challenge."

Simon Denier

Re: Cannot see source code

Tudor Girba

On 14 Apr 2011, at 22:43, laurent laffont wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 10:08 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Laurent,
>
> Nice to see you around here :).
>
> Here is how to set the root folder:
> http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/smalldude/root-folder
>
> Yes I've discoverd it just after.
>
> May be you should talk about this root folder in section 4.3 ?

Yes, this part of the book is pretty much under construction.

> Some feedback from a Moose newbie after using it a couple of hours so may be stupid remarks:
> - Moose panel buttons don't have hint / help when the mouse is over

There already is an issue for this:
http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=465

> - I would like a legend explaining width / size / colors / layers in blueprint (yes it's in the book but it would be easier to see it directly in the blueprint)

We do not have a generic solution for this one yet :(.

> - Famix*Group panes are not alphabetically sorted. For example on my project there's 138 namespaces, 630 model classes, hard to look at it.

The problem is known, and it actually depends on the table widget:
http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=156

> - When I select groups by entering a Smalltalk expression in the bottom field (like '*unimarc*' match: self name asLowercase) it opens another Group panel. May be nicer to stay in the same and show only matching elements.

Not in the Moose Finder :). The Finder has a very simple pattern: every time you select something you get it on the next pane.

In Glamour, you can set the bottom field to be a filter.

> - For me it's hard to distinguish little blue icons with C / M / N ... more colors ?

Is it because of the size of monitor, or are there other reasons? More colors would not work well, because we can have multiple sets of icons for different meta-models (remember that Moose is not only about FAMIX).

> - Too many right clicks

The Moose Finder is nothing but a generic basic interface. It makes some generic actions fast, and offers the rest via the menu.

If you have a certain interaction necessity, build your own tool that does exactly what you want. This is the whole point of Moose.

Cheers,
Doru

> Indeed it looks powerful. I'll try to learn to use it .
>
> Cheers,
>
> Laurent.
>

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 14 Apr 2011, at 18:00, laurent laffont wrote:
>
> > OK I found how to get the source code using JEAs Utilities > Try to fix file anchors
> >
> > Laurent.
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I will work on a legacy (legacy means no test) Java project for several weeks. Haven't done real Java for 10 years :)
> >
> > So that's an opportunity for me to start learning/using Moose to dig into this project.
> >
> > I've followed the Moose book with Moose 4.3 to create the .mse using infusion and then import it in Moose. This works, I can see models, blueprints, ....
> >
> > When I select a  class in the Moose Panel, right-click Browse -> Source the Moose Code Browser opens, but the source code is never displayed. Any idea ?
> >
> > Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
> >
> > Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> > Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
> > Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Yesterday is a fact.
>  Tomorrow is a possibility.
>  Today is a challenge."

www.tudorgirba.com

"In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
one might have better chances to win by moving slower."

Re: Cannot see source code

Tudor Girba
Hi,

On 14 Apr 2011, at 23:03, Tudor Girba wrote:

>> - Moose panel buttons don't have hint / help when the mouse is over
>
> There already is an issue for this:
> http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=465

This one is fixed now :)

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"No matter how many recipes we know, we still value a chef."

Re: Cannot see source code

laurent laffont
On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:01 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 14 Apr 2011, at 23:03, Tudor Girba wrote:

>> - Moose panel buttons don't have hint / help when the mouse is over
>
> There already is an issue for this:
> http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=465

This one is fixed now :)

Thank you !