Canonical download location for Pharo VMs

Canonical download location for Pharo VMs

Esteban A. Maringolo
What is the canonical repository/ci to download the latest VM for Pharo?

I'm trying to get pharo launcher to launch a 32 bit image in Windows, but it complains it can't determine the image version, so I'm trying to download the latest 32 bit VM for Windows to launch it manually, but https://files.pharo.org/vm/ doesn't have anyting updated, and links to a Jenkins that seems abandoned, same thing for https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm, and https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/ doesn't link to a successful build.

Any hints on how to download the proper VM for windows 32 bit or successfully configure Pharo-Launcher to determine itself how to do it?

Thank you.

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Canonical download location for Pharo VMs

Ben Coman

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 at 08:03, Esteban Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
What is the canonical repository/ci to download the latest VM for Pharo?

I'm trying to get pharo launcher to launch a 32 bit image in Windows, but it complains it can't determine the image version, so I'm trying to download the latest 32 bit VM for Windows to launch it manually, but https://files.pharo.org/vm/ doesn't have anyting updated, and links to a Jenkins that seems abandoned, same thing for https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm, and https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/ doesn't link to a successful build.

Any hints on how to download the proper VM for windows 32 bit or successfully configure Pharo-Launcher to determine itself how to do it?

Thank you.

Esteban A. Maringolo

looks like its from yesterday.  :^)

cheers -ben

Re: Canonical download location for Pharo VMs

EstebanLM
The canonical location is:

http://files.pharo.org/get-files/70/ (for Pharo 7.0, there are siblings there for each version).

There there are links to stable and latest.
As is said in first page of file server, all the other locations are there for reference (even if what is in get-files references something else) :)

Is one of this “reference” places.

Esteban

[...]

Thanks Ben and Esteban.

I got confused becasue /vm/pharo-spu32 modification date said 2014-11-14 , and I was looking for the most recent one.

Now I realize that the directory modification date only changes when a file or folder is added directly to that directory and not one of its subdirectories.

Looking at the PharoLauncher vm's directory I can see there is a 70-x64, 61-x86, etc, what is the criteria to determine which vm is for 6.0 and which for 7.0? The pharo.exe version says 5.0.0.0.

Thank again.

Esteban A. Maringolo