Canvas Tabs and component access

Sylvain pralon
Hi,

I am currently face to a frustrating problem. I have a canvas
application with its own widget.
Among them, there is a tab widget. I have also a list of canvas
specification. The tabs knows these specifications and displays them well.
The problem is that I need to disabled some components located in the
tab subcanvas. But it seems that these components are not
accessible from my main application with the #widgetAt: message.

Is there a way to access them easily ? Maybe I have to install the tab
subcanvas artificially in the main application canvas ?

Thanks a lot

Sylvain

Re: Canvas Tabs and component access

Reinout Heeck

> The problem is that I need to disabled some components located in
> the tab subcanvas. But it seems that these components are not
> accessible from my main application with the #widgetAt: message.
>
> Is there a way to access them easily ? Maybe I have to install the
> tab subcanvas artificially in the main application canvas ?

See http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/blog/blogView?
showComments=true&entry=3283445915 for one approach.

-